KPA pet peeve of the day #2

• So, where are the new tone stacks that were scheduled for v3?

I'll be honest: I don't like the current tone stack in the KPA. I think it behaves nothing like any of my real amps and preamps. Of course those are not placed *after* miking the amp as is the case with the profiler, but still.

How about this: make the center frequency and slope for each control (bass, mid, treble, presence) adjustable so we can create our own.

• It'd be interesting for sure (don't know how much I'd use it myself, but still).

But where did you see it was scheduled for v. 3 of the firmware?

TBH the so called "tone stack library" was one of the very first features promised by mr CK himself, since august 2011.
    I never heard it would have been in FW 3 or 4, but I'm waiting is since FW 1 :D

http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949

• +1 Meanwhile, have you tried switching it pre-and post-amp and see if it makes any difference to you?

Ahhh, well said my friend, almost forgot: I would *very* much like to have both :)

IMHO switching the tonestack to pre doesn't do much good because then the high end sounds weird and there's no tweaking that will fix it - I'll have to add another EQ after the amp and that deviates from my habit of keeping things simple.

@Michael_dk, I'd have to dig through more old posts than I'd like, but I'm pretty sure it was scheduled for v3 and for some reason didn't get released.

• I see :(

PS: FWIW, I don't remember Kemper having given a release date for the tonestack collection ;)

:)

I remember that interview well - it assured me that this product I was about to buy was not going to be replaced by another model in a couple of years: "with our synthesizer line we have a 15 year tradition of free feature updates via the internet and we’re planning to create a similar legacy for our guitar amp." That quote, and the Golub Marshall video, sold me on it.

• Ahhh, well said my friend, almost forgot: I would *very* much like to have both :)

IMHO switching the tonestack to pre doesn't do much good because then the high end sounds weird and there's no tweaking that will fix it - I'll have to add another EQ after the amp and that deviates from my habit of keeping things simple.

@Michael_dk, I'd have to dig through more old posts than I'd like, but I'm pretty sure it was scheduled for v3 and for some reason didn't get released.

I love the way pre-stack eq works.
    It helps to fine tune the profile in order to match the original distortion when the profiler doesn't get at 100%.
    BTW, I think that 20/30 tone stacks presets, plus movable frequencies for each band would be more than enough.