Anyone ever used the KPA with a Torpedo Live?

• With tens of thousands of profiles available (not to mention Cab Packs, with multiple micing choices), adding cab sim hardware to the KPA seems like an unnecessary expense to me.

Recording the right part, played the way I want it to be played, is much higher on my priority list. None of the Greatest Guitar Solos of All Time lists I have seen have ever said "That would be a great guitar solo, if he had only moved the microphone 1/4" closer to the edge of the cone". ;)

• With tens of thousands of profiles available (not to mention Cab Packs, with multiple micing choices), adding cab sim hardware to the KPA seems like an unnecessary expense to me.

Recording the right part, played the way I want it to be played, is much higher on my priority list. None of the Greatest Guitar Solos of All Time lists I have seen have ever said "That would be a great guitar solo, if he had only moved the microphone 1/4" closer to the edge of the cone". ;)

Playing is obviously paramount, but there's a reason commercial vendors create IR's with multiple mic positions. Some mic positions help a guitar cut through or better suit a track. It's definitely not one size fits all.

• Yep, I did. Thought it might make for a really quick and easy way to profile amps. Torpedo sounded fine, but every time I did a comparison of the same mic and cab against it the real mic and cab sounded better. Just my opinion.

How did the cabs in the KPA fair comparatively?

• Agreed. Some Commercial Profile vendors offer Profile packs with large numbers of profiles for each amp, with different mics and placements.

That's true. What I like about Two Notes approach is that they offer PC editing software that allows for visually positioning the mic.

• Hi, I recently used the torpedo live to maker Direct profiles and merged profiles. Works great, even better than my ARTX DI Box ;)
    Just wanted to mention it ;):thumbup:

• Torpedo Studio (or the old VB-101) sounds better than Live (nonlinerarities emulation). The plugin version words very well with MERGED or Direct Amp profiles. I use both (VB-101 and plugin version) and I'm really happy with them.

I did some profiles with the VB-101 and works very well. This one is an example of profile I did using the VB-101. But don't tell anyone! :)

The introduction of cabs from third party vendors was an important improvement. Some of them are awesome.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.