MBritt - Colonial Pack

• Incredibile!
    Unglaublich!
    Fantastic!

...and any other word meaning really great in your language of choice.

I'm using a Les Paul with Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAF humbuckers for testing.
    All of the profiles are GREAT, but here are some of my favorites.

1.1 profile
    Cleans are super important to me. Most of the tunes my band plays rely on cleans and I need them
    for humbuckers and single coils. They DO NOT all sound alike in many of the profiles I've tried.

Michael is spot on in his description for this pack. The cleans are probably the best I've heard from any Marshall style amp. Very smooth sounding unlike some Marshalls which can have too much harsh treble.
    This is absolutely going to be my go to pack for cleans. (I had to drop the gain knob close to 0
    for it to be actually clean with humbuckers.)

1.5 profile (Super Bass setting through a 3rd Power 2x12)
    I tend to like Michael's profiles created through this cabinet and this is no different.
    It's hard for me to find breakup/over driven tones I really like for the Tom Petty, Tommy Tutone songs we play. For the chorus part of Breakdown, I like to strum full chords and be able to hear every string clearly. This profile will do that nicely (with guitar's volume knob rolled back)
    Michael's /13 profiles from another pack are permanently on my machine.
    This is another winner.

3.7 profile

As described, great for 70s classic rock. This profile pack was made for Les Pauls!
    For AC/DC, Bon Jovi, and other bands, this and the other added gain profiles just work.

4.2 profile
    Another alternative for the breakup/Petty tone.

As MIchael has emphasized in his notes, reaching for the Definition knob should be the #1 parameter to tweak if a profile is not ready to go.

This particular set of profiles is as ready to gig as ANY I've ever played through.

I may have increased Definition anywhere from .2 to .5 higher, but that's
    it. I only bumped Presence and Treble up maybe .1 to .2 on some.
    I can't wait to try these on my SSS Stratocaster.

If you're looking for the Marshall-style pack that does it all, this is it.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

Edited 2 times, last by HCarlH ().

• Carl What a report man!! thank you so much for taking the time to do that
    it helps a lot.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.