Turning morphing around

• Yeah I definitely thought of this within about 5 minutes of tweaking my first Performance with morphed Rigs, but I guess I was either too lazy or too occupied to post about it (probably the former).
    I like to take distorted Rigs and reduce gain, rather than the other way 'round.

• I like to take distorted Rigs and reduce gain, rather than the other way 'round.

I'd also love to see that. Because it would be useful if you got a rig with lots of gain and you want to use the expression pedal in a way where the highest gain is reached when the pedal is pushed down but this should also be the "first morphing point" but not the second one. It would be more intuitive for a usage like that. Plus, using the rig buttons on the remote to reset the rig after i. E. kicking in some effekts the action would send you back to the point with the highest gain not the lowest.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• like to take distorted Rigs and reduce gain, rather than the other way 'round.

I think , If you make a morphing Rig nobody stress you to use the low value for the basic sound. You can also define a distorted sound as basisound to become clean with morphing. Its just a question of definition.

• I think , If you make a morphing Rig nobody stress you to use the low value for the basic sound. You can also define a distorted sound as basisound to become clean with morphing. Its just a question of definition.

This is true. However if you wanted to have the clean sound as the base Rig, the only to currently do it would be to note down all the default values of the "gained" Rig, tweak it 'til you're happy with the clean sound, engage morphing, move parameters back to their previous state in the default "gained" Rig. It's a bit cumbersome.

• This is true. However if you wanted to have the clean sound as the base Rig, the only to currently do it would be to note down all the default values of the "gained" Rig, tweak it 'til you're happy with the clean sound, engage morphing, move parameters back to their previous state in the default "gained" Rig. It's a bit cumbersome.

It may be that I do not quite understand this sentence semantically, but I see no difference whether one considers a more distorted sound or clean sound as basic sound.
    The way to create the morphing seems for me in both variants the same. I have probably not understood the advantage for turning the morphing yet.
    If I make a rig with morphing, I have some idea for what I need it.
    Turning an existing morphing is more or less for another application.
    And whether the requirements are the same?

• Ok, imagine this :

I have a killer lead profile, perfect for that power solo at the end of a rock ballad (yikes! Lol!). The solo requires me to start out clean and slowly increase gain as the intensity of the solo builds, so I'd like to start on a clean profile and morph to this great lead sound that I'm already happy with. Easy, right? Just move the expression pedal from toe to heel. But wait. There's a couple of sections in the clean part of the solo where I need to change to a completely different Rig (for some reason, lol!). If I switch to this different Rig and back, I won't be able to go directly back to the clean state of the morphed Rig. When I switch, it'll engage the default killer lead sound and I'll have to move the morph pedal before my clean sound is back. Unless I turn the morph around, having the default "unmorphed" Rig be the clean, only moving towards the killer lead sound when engaging the morph pedal from heel to toe. To set it up like this, I'd have to note down all the values of the lead Rig, create my clean version and store it as the default, then move all parameters that were changed back to their original positions. Clunky as hell! A "flip morph" check box would make life so much easier!

• I have a killer lead profile, perfect for that power solo at the end of a rock ballad (yikes! Lol!). The solo requires me to start out clean and slowly increase gain as the intensity of the solo builds, so I'd like to start on a clean profile and morph to this great lead sound that I'm already happy with. Easy, right? Just move the expression pedal from toe to heel. But wait. There's a couple of sections in the clean part of the solo where I need to change to a completely different Rig (for some reason, lol!). If I switch to this different Rig and back, I won't be able to go directly back to the clean state of the morphed Rig. When I switch, it'll engage the default killer lead sound and I'll have to move the morph pedal before my clean sound is back. Unless I turn the morph around, having the default "unmorphed" Rig be the clean, only moving towards the killer lead sound when engaging the morph pedal from heel to toe. To set it up like this, I'd have to note down all the values of the lead Rig, create my clean version and store it as the default, then move all parameters that were changed back to their original positions. Clunky as hell! A "flip morph" check box would make life so much easier!

Thanks for the detailed explanation - now I had no semantic Problem :)
    A very special case. I would spend a slot in the performance for the turned Rig.
    In live situation I am happy for each switch function which I can avoid (or need to remember) ;)

• This is true. However if you wanted to have the clean sound as the base Rig, the only to currently do it would be to note down all the default values of the "gained" Rig, tweak it 'til you're happy with the clean sound, engage morphing, move parameters back to their previous state in the default "gained" Rig. It's a bit cumbersome.

I don't think you have to note everything. I would do it like this: take your solo sound as base sound. Change to morphed state and make a small change like reducing volume 1 db (maybe even this is not necessary but I can't try it at the moment) Then change to base again and edit it to your like. Then go back to morphed state and raise the gain back 1 dB. Done.

• I don't think you have to note everything. I would do it like this: take your solo sound as base sound. Change to morphed state and make a small change like reducing volume 1 db (maybe even this is not necessary but I can't try it at the moment) Then change to base again and edit it to your like. Then go back to morphed state and raise the gain back 1 dB. Done.

Yeah, that's a nice workaround! Thanks :)

• The above options you guys listed would render this feature unneeded except in one circumstance:
    You have a fairly complex morph saved with several morphed parameters. After using for a while you decide that it would suit your purposes better to have them reversed. Hit a button and done. Otherwise you'd have to write down the morphs or copy the rig to an adjacent slot and go back and forth and reprogram the morphs.

• The above options you guys listed would render this feature unneeded except in one circumstance:
    You have a fairly complex morph saved with several morphed parameters. After using for a while you decide that it would suit your purposes better to have them reversed. Hit a button and done. Otherwise you'd have to write down the morphs or copy the rig to an adjacent slot and go back and forth and reprogram the morphs.

Exactly!

That's right. I just wanted to suggest a workaround for sambrox problem.

Another option I'd like to see if we could save a rig in a morphed state.
    Imagine you do a complex morphing of several parameters at once and you sweep through with your pedal and somewhere in the middle of the sweep you get to a point where it sound extremely sweet and beautiful.
    I'd like to have the option to save this morph point as a new rig.
    I also made a new FR out of this.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…morph-point-as-a-new-rig/?