Any Digitech Trio+ users out there?

• Hi,

Im considering getting the Trio+ for jamming at home (i dont play live) and would be very interested in user opinions as to how it combines with the Kemper and how its sounds.

In particular I would like to know how you connect between the Kemper and the Trio+ (guitar/trio/kemper or guitar/kemper/trio etc)
    Anyone putting the Kemper in the Trio+ effects loop?
    cheers

• I have been using one for a while now.
    Actually I'm putting the Profiler in the loop of the Trio +.
    From the Trio + I go into my Atomic CLR.
    This is pure awesomeness for an instant practicing and songwritring setup.
    I'm very pleased with the Trio + which is a much more sophisticated unit than its predecessor, the Trio.

• Hi Ingolf,

Thanks for the response. This is what I wanted to hear!
    Just a few more questions if I may:
    Which output connection/setup on the Kemper are you using to connect to the Trio fx loop return?
    By running the Kemper thru the Trio loop is there any "tone suck" as has been mentioned before?
    Does this allow for stereo output from the trio (I would run from the Trio out into a mixer then into 2 studio monitors)?
    Does this allow you to use the looper and for example record a clean rig, then change rigs on the kemper to solo over the clean loop?
    Is there any risk of overloading the Trio effects loop with the Kemper output signal being to powerful?

much appreciated
    cheers

• Which output connection/setup on the Kemper are you using to connect to the Trio fx loop return?

My signal chain is guitar >> Trio+ input >> Trio send >> Kemper input >> Kemper monitor output (could as well be the main out) >> Trio+ return >> Trio + mixer output >> Atomic CLR.

By running the Kemper thru the Trio loop is there any "tone suck" as has been mentioned before?

No, my Profiler sounds as fresh and inspiring as ever.

Does this allow for stereo output from the trio (I would run from the Trio out into a mixer then into 2 studio monitors)?

Yes, but in this case you'd use the headphone out of the Trio+ (you'd need an adapter from mini-TRS to 2 TS).
    My own setup is only mono, for quick & dirty use. ;)
    You could be way more sophisticated tho'. You could go into the Kemper and use its 2 Main Outs to a mixer.
    Then you'd feed the Trio+ from the Kemper Direct Out.
    And you'd use the Trio mixer out to the mixer.
    In this case the two signal chains would be indeopendent and the signal from kemper to the Trio+ would only be a carrier signal to make the Trio+ learn the chrods.

Does this allow you to use the looper and for example record a clean rig, then change rigs on the kemper to solo over the clean loop?

Yes, absolutely.

Is there any risk of overloading the Trio effects loop with the Kemper output signal being to powerful?

I run my Profiler's monitor out at about -9dB here in my room (which is actually quite hot) and this level seems ok for the Trio+.

• yep, user here as well
    guitar --> KPA input
    KPA direct out (master mix) --> trio+ guitar in
    trio+ headphone out --> KPA aux in & alternative in (special cable jack 1/8 stereo to 2 mono 1/4)
    KPA monitor out --> monitoring system OR headphones out

don't know what chain is best but this one works well.
    trio+ works great, best about it is that it's easy & immediate fun.

no tone suck when playing directly (not entering the loop). when looping the guitar and playing it back, yes there's a tone suck which is not shocking to me. and there's always the option to rise looper mixer on the trio+

I'm 100% using it in "immediate fun" mode: teaching a pattern to the trio+ and jamming over it. I've not been into song programming yet, too lazy for now

overall great product. a bit pricey tho