Pool: What is your favorite rig for classic rock (70's/80's/90's) ?

• Can you get benzedrine over the counter down-under? You know Keif (Richards) ? - read "Life" - really knocks your socks off - I wish I had been old enough to have been there... Cheers!!!!

LOL

I don't know, Freisegler. I can't take any meds. Every single one I tried over many decades made me ill; it's the poisons I can't handle.

A good clean German beer every 3 or 4 months is about all I can take, mate. Aren't you glad you're not me, eh? Sux man.

Looking at this upload thing now...

• OK, I've been at this for God knows how long now, and I cannot export the Rigs (2) to my USB stick.

I've change my owner's name to my actual name (from Monkey Man), and reflected this in RM, and that all seems to work fine. I erased and reformatted the USB stick in case the name change was the reason for the export's not working, but this has made no difference. At a loss as to what to do now.

As a side-note, even 'though my KPA has just one Rig in it (the first that's to be exported), RM said I had 5. This grew to 6 and now 11 after reloading RM. Each time it prompts me to do the routine to repair damaged Rigs, which I've done in the hope that this would fix the issue. No dice.

This little share was to be my contribution to mankind(!) for the day, so I'm thoroughly-disappointed right now; it's been the most glorious day outside, and almost certainly the last before winter kicks in.

Aarrgghh! ;(

• I have got a few. I play a lot of classic rock as well as neo-classical (Yngwie), so I always lean towards a mids-rich, lead-oriented tone that works great with a Strat. Here are my go to profiles:

Soldano HR50 by Thumas (free, on Rig Exchange)

Engl Powerball by Thumas (free on Rig Exchange)

Friedman BE100 by Tim Owens (free, here on the forum) -- HAWP sessions #27 and #54

Friedman BE100 ("Fried AHole") -- Profile Pack #3 by Michael Britt

Marshall '69 model 1987 Lead Plexi -- single amp profile pack by Michael Britt

Marshall '74 Lee Jackson modified 50 Watt MkII Plexi by Top Jimi

I typically use medium gain on the amp, boosted with a Green Scream stomp in the front.

In all cases above, I have been swapping out the regular cabinet, and using either the Thumas 2x12 rectifier Cabinet, or a Cabinet from Till's Cab Lab.

Cheers,
    John

• I like the Top Jimi Lee Jackson Mod too.
    Where did you get the Lead Plexi Model - from MBritt's free stuff? I find his profiles clean up really well too at low guitar volumes. If I play my LP with the front pickup I can get some really crimson rich tone just on the level of breaking up... So good... :thumbup:

• I like the Top Jimi Lee Jackson Mod too.
    Where did you get the Lead Plexi Model - from MBritt's free stuff? I find his profiles clean up really well too at low guitar volumes. If I play my LP with the front pickup I can get some really crimson rich tone just on the level of breaking up... So good... :thumbup:

The '69 Marshall model 1987 is from one of the newer Michael Britt single amp profile packages. Here is the link:

http://www.mbrittprofiles.com/69-marsh-pack/index.html

Cheers,
    John

• Final update on my Rig-uploading saga:

Thanks to something Harry said in a PM, it occurred to me that I could try not following the USB-stick instructions issued by the Exchange, which read:

UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

Insert USB Stick
    Load the rig you want to share
    Select External Storage
    Choose Import/Export
    Select Export current rig
    Now connect the USB stick with your computer and inside the Shared folder you will find the rig you've just exported. Upload this rig to share it with other users.

Instead, I simply dragged the Rigs, as I've done countless times when I back up, to the 'puter. Presto! The RE accepted them just fine, but then, when I read the terms and conditions, I found this:

"You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work."

Case closed. I didn't create the profiles and will not breach the terms and conditions.

Mind you, the many suggested Rigs in this thread, for the most part, will sound much "cleaner" and professional than what I was going to share. The Rig was grainy and noisy; it was simply the vibe / mojo thing that had me bangin' on about it.

Glad the saga's over. Still no idea why my KPA wouldn't allow me to export individual Rigs to a USB stick, but it matters not to me anyway. Full backup and restore worked just fine, so that's great.

Lastly, sorry about the distraction. I tried. I failed. Kemper's terms and conditions reign supreme.

• Up until recently I would have said Top Jimi's '74 Marshall Super Lead. However, I've just recently stumbled upon mbritts's Bletchley Bomb. Just WOW!! As Jesse Pinkman would say, "It's the Bomb, man!"

As as a classic rock lead tone it is astonishing. Just bristling with life. My fingers are sore right now purely because of this profile. I bought the pack ages ago, but, for some strange reason, I hadn't really tried the Bletchley. It will take some prising out of my favourite's folder, I can tell you :D

• I've banged on about this profile before, but nobody's agreed or got excited, and I'm guessing it's 'cause they didn't lower the treble in the amp stack...

I have a similiar issue with one "special profile" I use for many "classic rock" stuff which needs some warm & sensitive lead-sound which can "sing" and has this "vocal quality"..it is the TAF´s Matchless DC30 BP.This special one (Andy has a lot of the Matchless DC-profiles which are all fine but this one is "very special") has "it".I also cant understand why there is no other guy around who has discovered this treasure.It works the same good for my Les Paul as it does for my Stratocaster.I tried many,many profiles for stuff like "hotel california" or santana or doobie brothers etc but I always come back to this special one.As in your case it may need some tweaking to do its magic but everyone who is looking for a beauty of a lead sound should check it out.

• Hey monkey mate, finally loaded the 1959 RR... spent the evening on it. Man that profile is great, vintage and powerful, takes well effects. I played kinda all of my riffs and songs with it just playing with my LP volume. Lots of in the room feel. Mojo!!! Gotta use it pretty often. Cheers mate

• Hey monkey mate, finally loaded the 1959 RR... spent the evening on it. Man that profile is great, vintage and powerful, takes well effects. I played kinda all of my riffs and songs with it just playing with my LP volume. Lots of in the room feel. Mojo!!! Gotta use it pretty often. Cheers mate

Well Halle-freakin'-lujah!

Awesome, pamplemousse. I'm so happy someone else has finally experienced that mojo. I was frankly stunned that tonnes of folks didn't feel the same way.

Curious: Did you find you had to dial the treble back a tad to magically reveal the full extent of mojo whereas it was kinda scratchy before you did this, and did you find the profile super-vintage (in a great way) sounding and also "grainy" in a good way?

IMHO, I've not heard another that exhibits these characteristics in quite the same way. It all adds up to mucho mojo IMHO. Yay! You've made my day mate. Finally someone else felt it too! Woohoo! 8o