Help with power conditioners and voltage regulator

• Hi guys, I am going nuts here. I am searching for a good solution to protect my KPA from bad power and surges. I've read tons of posts and decided that a simple power conditioner may not be the case for me. So I went looking for voltage regulator, came accross the Furman P-1800 AR, but it is just so expensive...

I also found some cheaper solution designed for home theaters (from Monster Power and Panamax, mainly) and computers (UPS with stabilizers and surge protection). And these are much cheaper... Do they do essentially the same thing as a P-1800 AR? Do you see any problem using those with the KPA? Is anyone doing this?

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
    Enrico

• AFAIK You don't need a power regulated one, just a surge protector in a power strip for example protects you from the really bad ones and the Kemper already has a voltage regulator built in.

correct me if I'm wrong!

• Thanks, I created this post because I am still having doubts. I am just protecting the KPa with a regular cheap strip. But I have the opportunity to go with a Furman P1800 AR or something cheaper for me me, like a Panamax designed for home theaters. Guess I have doubts whether something designed for a different apllication will work on the KPA or not...