Need a little help from my KPA friends!

• Hi there,
    i have been using the KPA in all of my productions for the past two years and love it!
    I am now preparing to play live again and need help with my setup.

I have two EVM 12L speakers, and I am trying to find the right power amp for those, something that won't break the bank either...
    First question: do you think those speakers are a good fit for the KPA?
    Could you recommend a power amp?

I have been trying to use a Boss multi effects floor unit pre KPA, and the result is not that great.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I turned off the Boss pre-amp, but I am still not sure that this really works...

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

• Unless you like the sound of your EVM 12L's very much these are not speakers I'd recommemnd, because in the end they will colour your sound very much, and they are very heavy as well.
    If you are using a lot of profiles and you want them to be amplified like they were intended you should get one decent powered FRFR monitor (like the Yamaha DXR 10) and you're done.

• in my avatar is the speaker cabinet i use for my Kemper monitor out..it consists of 2 eminence delta pro 12 (which is as close to a EV12L that you can get )and 2 JBL E120's. if i am getting a coloration in sound, i am here to tell ya, it is the best coloration i have ever had. ev12L's, which i have 4 of, sound great also, i am running these with the power section of a bugera 1990. and it kicks ass. I tried powering it with my mesa mark v power section but i like the Bugera better (go figure)...both are tubes, which are supposedly color the sound also. my suggestion is to go with the 12Ls they are speakers that give a pristine sound to what ever i put through them. i prefer tube power, but that is just me. i have also run this cabinet's speakers with a variety of solid state power amps which have sounded great too. in my book you cannot go wrong with the ev's or in my case Eminence. and the JBL's have been solid performers for 20+ years i have used them. I prefer the tone i get from the tubes and these speakers to the FRFR's i have used. like i said not trying to start a flame war cuz your mileage may vary. I will say Ingolf is correct when he says they are heavy because that beast clocks in a 120 lbs, but they sound great.. I use a single EV12l cab when i gig out. i am still a little old school..i guess

• I have an rcf sma 10 frfr and also a mesa boogie real cab with two celestion v30 cabs.
    I drive this cab with a linear amp from thomann, its the t amp 800.
    This was a hint from deadlight studios, because a searched for a nearly linear amp that didnt colour the sound. Its an awesome powerfull sound when you use di profiles and also cool with my normal tweaked rigs, because i use it on monitor out and when the sound is a little to harsh or midrange, i quickly use the output eq in the output section to fit it for the room.
    The amp is killer loud , i use it mono bridged.
    Only 159€ for the amp, bought it last year and no problems with it.

Cheers
    Frank