High Gain tutorial resources..?

• Hi Kemper forum, noob here..

Can anybody link me to any helpful/in-depth high gain (modern metal amp tone) tutorials/threads? I already read through MeAmBobbo's guides, which were quite enlightening to say the least, and I'd like to continue building a list of tone-dialing resources.

The reason I ask is because while I've heard plenty of awe inspiring sounds online, I haven't been able to find any default profiles (factory/user) that really gell with my guitar (Carvin 6 string with EMG 81). This, combined with the fact that my amp-dialing abilities are very limited, has left me in a frustrating sonic rut --I had the same experience with the Axe II/Pod HD/Rocktron etc, so the problem is very clearly on my end..

-Also, to be specific, I'm not looking for 'mix tones' as much as I'm looking for 'jamming solo and/or jamming with drums' tones..
    I.E., maybe something like this:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-Also, as a separate route, I know that some folks offer services where they will take your dry signal and simply dial in the desired profile for you.. Has anybody found this to be effective/worthwhile, and/or can you possibly recommend anyone in particular for this service?

-Also, if anybody knows of a more appropriate place for a post like this, please let me know, thanks!

-Dantallica

• I think you should definitely try Lasse Lammert profiles. They are part of factory content 4.0 that can be downloaded from Kemper website. You can also import factory rigs (long press SYSTEM button and check for Factory Rigs option). Chances are, you already have them on your profiler, turn Browser knob and look for "LL - ****** *****" profiles.

• (Hey, when I hit "reply" in a forum like this, does it automatically reply to everyone? Can I not respond to individual posts? Are there any advantages to a format like this vs. something like, say, Reddit?)

-Thanks for bringing the 4.0 content to my attention. How does the new LL stuff differ from, say, his previous factory rig content?

-Yes I've hit up wikpa.. I've taken about 30 pages of notes so far from about 5 sources, but/and I'd like to continue absorbing as much info as possible before even looking at my Kemper again.. lest I fall back into my same patterns!

• dmirale - this is a flat-format or conversation-style forum, whereas reddit is a reply-only forum. Most individual web site forums are in this format where it's a chain of replies. To reply to something someone else said, select their text and click quote, or the little quote icon in the bottom right of each post to quite that entire post. You can quote multiple in a reply, just be aware of formatting.

Without knowing much about your settings and what you're trying to achieve, it's hard to point you in the right direction. I'd suggest possibly checking out some premium/commercial profile makers. SinMix (http://www.sinmix.pl) is pretty amazing for metal sounds, but there are tons out there. Most of them offer free samples. My favorite metal profiles are the G1 Purple Nightmare profiles: http://g1productions.com/product/driftwood/ - they have a Vai-like clarity but stays tight and lean.

I'd advise against the whole "send a DI, we'll EQ it for you" thing, because the profiles are guitar-independent. Not saying others haven't had success with it, but it seems unnecessary in my opinion.

Finally, just so you're aware, the stuff like you're playing is HIGHLY influenced by the bass and drums. A treble-heavy sound (which is what it sounds like you have) certainly doesn't sound amazing on its own, but it's probably the perfect sound in context with other players. You don't want to blend into a mix - you want your part to stand out.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I.E., maybe something like this:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Keith Merrow made a rig pack for us featuring a good number of his signature tones.
    It can be downloaded from our website (link in my sig).
    The fastest way to adjust a profile to your liking is the Definition parameter in the AMPLIFIER section.
    reduce to make the sound fatter, increase for more cut. Fine tune with eq after this.
    hth