Once again, rotary speed but with morphable speed setting and transition parameter

• I know it's has been asked countless times, but I really think adjustable speed on the rotary (not binary like the real stuff) would be pretty awesome with a morph pedal control (a short adjustable transition speed would be even better)

This would really make my day :)

• Yes, this HAS been mentioned countless times, by myself included. It has also been ignored countless times, for reasons I cannot fathom.

Yes, especially as changing the speed during playing is the essence of using a rotary speaker in the first place. I've read somewhere an explanation by ckemper himself, summing up the 50-something parameters that are involved in creating this, but I think none of us is asking that kind of perfection :) . Just a speed up/down with a little transition between the 2, and preferably by morphing, would make a lot of people happy.

• Yes, especially as changing the speed during playing is the essence of using a rotary speaker in the first place. I've read somewhere an explanation by ckemper himself, summing up the 50-something parameters that are involved in creating this, but I think none of us is asking that kind of perfection :) . Just a speed up/down with a little transition between the 2, and preferably by morphing, would make a lot of people happy.

You can already switch between slow and fast in the Rotary effect by assigning an action button to that function. What the OP is asking for is a way to change the fastest and slowest speed and the ramp time between them.

• Yes, especially as changing the speed during playing is the essence of using a rotary speaker in the first place. I've read somewhere an explanation by ckemper himself, summing up the 50-something parameters that are involved in creating this, but I think none of us is asking that kind of perfection :) . Just a speed up/down with a little transition between the 2, and preferably by morphing, would make a lot of people happy.

I have assigned the Looper button on my remote to switch between slow/fast rotary speaker speeds.
    The transition between the two speeds is sounding very real to me.

• The transition between the two speeds is sounding very real to me.

Yes, it's real sounding and it sounds wonderful that way, no question. And the looper button is a great suggestion, btw.

It doesn't, however, address the issue of variability and "user's choice" as to positions mid-way between fast and slow. If we could morph as @deeBee, @waraba and others have suggested between the two, users could stop part-way and enjoy an endless variety of speeds. That would be the ultimate. Or simply having the ability to alter the slow, fast, and ramp up speeds would be welcomed by many, as several pedals on the market have had for years. We have one fast, one slow. Shouldn't we strive for better, the best? You sure do with all the new spring reverbs, delays, etc.. :thumbup: (no matter, you guys are the best, whether you take up that challenge or not :thumbup: ).

Gary ô¿ô

• I have assigned the Looper button on my remote to switch between slow/fast rotary speaker speeds.The transition between the two speeds is sounding very real to me.

@DonPetersen: Let me try to get this straight.... so you're using the Looper button as an extra assigning button for this or whatever effect. Which probably means that the Looper function is no longer available in the rig/sound where it's assigned to an effect, am I right? Which probably means that you can assign any button on the pedal -including the slots buttons- to whatever you want it to be assigned ....? But thinking aloud & (hopefully) logically a bit further: the latter is probably only possible in Browse mode, not in Performance? As this would contradict the use of the slots in Performance i.m.o. These questions because I was puzzled recently by a picture of someone's pedal where all the slot lights were on/green at the same time... It's a steep curve, guys :/ , and yes I know, RTFM, but that one often becomes only clear after you've encountered certain issues, thanks for your input!
    ps it still means that the Rotary should be already 'on' on any given sound you wanna use it on and not be assigned to a button, otherwise you'd always need 2 buttons, one for 'on/off' and one for 'slow/fast'.... that's why incorporation with the morph pedal for 'slow/fast' would be very convenient.

• @DonPetersen: Let me try to get this straight.... so you're using the Looper button as an extra assigning button for this or whatever effect. Which probably means that the Looper function is no longer available in the rig/sound where it's assigned to an effect, am I right? Which probably means that you can assign any button on the pedal -including the slots buttons- to whatever you want it to be assigned ....? But thinking aloud & (hopefully) logically a bit further: the latter is probably only possible in Browse mode, not in Performance? As this would contradict the use of the slots in Performance i.m.o. These questions because I was puzzled recently by a picture of someone's pedal where all the slot lights were on/green at the same time... It's a steep curve, guys :/ , and yes I know, RTFM, but that one often becomes only clear after you've encountered certain issues, thanks for your input!ps it still means that the Rotary should be already 'on' on any given sound you wanna use it on and not be assigned to a button, otherwise you'd always need 2 buttons, one for 'on/off' and one for 'slow/fast'.... that's why incorporation with the morph pedal for 'slow/fast' would be very convenient.

You can assign any external switch that is connected to the pedal inputs and the three switches on the Remote as an action button (Tap, Tuner and Looper). Even if you could assign the rotary speed to the morph pedal you would still have to activate it before you can use the rotary effect.

• adjustable speed on the rotary

It's a bit sad to see that the core of this topic continues to be ignored.

The feature request is:
    1. Adjustable Slow speed
    2. Adjustable Fast speed

3. Adjustable ramp duration
    3.a. As a bonus (if possible) an assignment to an expression (morph) pedal to manually ramp the speed up / down.

@ckemper so far only said that the original Leslie couldn't do that and I've already told him that this isn't exactly true … apart from the fact that in other fields he has a (welcome) history of extending on what any given "original" could do. It's strange that after such a long time it's still being ignored or rejected. Glad I still have my Strymon Mobius for this.

• But thinking aloud & (hopefully) logically a bit further: the latter is probably only possible in Browse mode, not in Performance?

This is not true - I made a performance with one rig containing this feature and it works fine in performance mode. Your other comments are all true however.

@nightlight, your comments are true, a bit sad to be ignored. But @ckemper your comments that the original Leslie couldn't do this or that is irrelevant. The original Spring Reverb couldn't come close to what you've been able to create. Same with the myriad delays, etc., etc... You have exponentially gone beyond the 'original' effects time and time again. It's 'time' you did that for the Leslie as well.

Gary ô¿ô

• @nightlight, your comments are true, a bit sad to be ignored

First of all, my nick is lightbox, not nightlight ;)

Other than that I agree with you. CK and me already had an extended conversation about this topic 4 years ago. As an example I pointed him to the Rotary effect in the Korg Kronos (which has plenty of parameters). His opinion was (and likely still is) that he doesn't want to expose that many parameters. The discussion sadly focussed on the total number of possible parameters instead of discussing a limited choice of additional parameters like Fast speed, Slow speed and Ramp duration.

I'm sure CK is terribly busy and I'm very happy with the new reverbs coming. I've found my way to deal with Rotary effects (either via the Korg Kronos or my Strymon Mobius). But I still hope he'll change his mind at some point. ;)

• This is not true - I made a performance with one rig containing this feature and it works fine in performance mode. Your other comments are all true however.
    @nightlight, your comments are true, a bit sad to be ignored. But @ckemper your comments that the original Leslie couldn't do this or that is irrelevant. The original Spring Reverb couldn't come close to what you've been able to create. Same with the myriad delays, etc., etc... You have exponentially gone beyond the 'original' effects time and time again. It's 'time' you did that for the Leslie as well.

First of all, my nick is lightbox, not nightlight ;)
    Other than that I agree with you. CK and me already had an extended conversation about this topic 4 years ago. As an example I pointed him to the Rotary effect in the Korg Kronos (which has plenty of parameters). His opinion was (and likely still is) that he doesn't want to expose that many parameters. The discussion sadly focussed on the total number of possible parameters instead of discussing a limited choice of additional parameters like Fast speed, Slow speed and Ramp duration.

I'm sure CK is terribly busy and I'm very happy with the new reverbs coming. I've found my way to deal with Rotary effects (either via the Korg Kronos or my Strymon Mobius). But I still hope he'll change his mind at some point. ;)

Lol, glad that was sorted out. For a second, I was like wtf did I say now! :D

• Maybe the early Leslies couldnt contol speed etc but latter ones definitely could. And.... even on the early ones I’m pretty sure an amp tech could adjust that internally.

The ability to adjust ramp speed is particularly important.

Like you, I still have my Strymon Mobius which is phenomenal in this respect although I try not use any external pedals etc for convenience.

Much as I am happy for everyone who is excited about the arrival of the new reverbs, they aren’t a big attraction to me personally and clearly took a massive amount of work to develop. The Leslie controls requested would be MUCH more useful of me and would presumably fall under the category @ckemper recently referred to as missed low hanging fruit.

• Sorry about the misnaming guys, my bad!

As good as the new reverbs are, I agree with @Wheresthedug - they're not something I craved for nor ever requested, nor rely upon, though I appreciate the incredible work that went into creating them. That's just me, I speak for no one else.

For me the Leslie controls would be much more impactful to my everyday sound and playing. I also don't want extra gear, so I'm avoiding the Strymon Mobius, at least for now. Please reconsider @ckemper.

Gary ô¿ô

• By the way … here's a nice in-depth look into the Rotary effect and its parameters on a Korg Kronos, in my opinion the most sophisticated implementation of a Leslie effect. :)

Please jump to 7:24

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The acceleration / deceleration parameters aren't anything new, and were to be found on hardware "virtual" organs and ROMplers a long time ago, but if I'm not mistaken, being able to set the positions of the speakers once they settle is a ripper feature one doesn't see every day.

• I'm adding my name to the wishlist of updating the rotary parameters for better morphing. I'm going through the tutorial morphing presets and I just want Rotary to be able to morph like the Tremolo and Vibrato patches do. Please.

It's one of the best rotary sims I've ever heard. I don't get why it's not as easy to use morphing as Tremolo.

These profiles go to 11!