Rosen Digital packs

• I got the Revv and Powerball packs, and I really like both. Both are very clear and articulate, and although I don't do much mixing, they sound mix-ready to me (not too much low end to be boomy, not ice picky, etc.). I A/B'd the Powerball profiles to other commercial profiles of the Powerball playing both through my Zilla 2x12 with Creambacks using monitor out, and I preferred the Rosen profiles - they were clearer and more articulate, and I just liked the tone better. A bit more of a "studio ready" sound than an "amp in the room" sound, but that's more what I wanted them for anyway. I can't compare the Revv to anything, but it sounds great!

Each pack had 9-10 profiles, which were clean crunch, rhythm, hi gain, and lead for the base 4-5 profiles and then the same profiles EQ'd (so 9-10 total). Obviously that's fewer profiles than a lot of other sellers, but all of them sounded very good. I think it's jut a matter of preference - if you want to get 30 profiles that all sound pretty similar and like to pick through them all, then this approach is going to seem expensive to you. If you're like me and only find a handful out of the 30 you like anyway after 2 hours of trying them out, you'd probably prefer this approach of just getting a few really good profiles that are ready to go.

So overall, I'd recommend them, and I will probably pick up some more at some point. Certainly if you're looking for Revv profiles, I'm not aware of any others, and these sound great.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Guys if you watch the video they don't do a lot of profiles FOR A REASON, they like Guideo i think focus on quality, just check the vid before
    shooting them :P :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Guido charges less than half what Rosen is charging for their profile packs.

Honestly I don't hear anything in that video that tells me why the Rosen profiles stand out over the myriad other profiles out there. That said, it's great to have choice.

As far as metal profiles go, there are about a million of them already on the market. And frankly I own most of them. :P

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast