Line6 Relay G50 receiver fits in the back hole of the Kemper Toaster (non-powered)?

• @ Ingolf,

One question, I heard there were some battery issues with the G30 transmitter. Right ? Even when the switch is OFF ?
    Do the batteries go empty even if the jack is plugged ?

Quite confused here

No, the batteries don't drain. I always leave the jack plugged and the unit switched off between rehearsals.
    I use Sanyo Eneloop rechargables and I always put a freshly recharged set in before a gig, not when rehearsing.

• No, the batteries don't drain. I always leave the jack plugged and the unit switched off between rehearsals.
    I use Sanyo Eneloop rechargables and I always put a freshly recharged set in before a gig, not when rehearsing.

I'll highly recommend and second using Eneloops. You don't need the really expensive ones - a wireless transmitter is not a high-drain device. If you have a Costco membership (or know someone who does), it's about $20 for a charger + either 6 or 8 batteries. They can also be found on Amazon. They're excellent, and I've been using them with no problems or lost charges for years. Just don't leave the batteries on the charger after they're charged if you can avoid it (for better battery life).

The G50 (what I have, and I'm mentioning it because the G30 might differ a bit) states it has an 8 hour battery life. I find that it's more around the 4-6 hour range, but I use the "high power" mode on my G50. I'm not sure if that's an option on the G30, but it'll save battery at the expense of distance, and, while I'm sure it's a fine setting... it kind of worries me for performance.

That said, during practices, I use whatever was in the pack until it dies (or gets close to it). My receiver's mounted on my pedalboard, so I can always see how much juice I have left. I also keep a small ziploc bag in my guitar case with freshly charged batteries (and a couple standard alkalines and a 9V, just in case). If they're in the bag, they're ready to use. When I'm done with some batteries, I just put them in my case (not in the bag) - if they're just lying around free in my case, they need a charge. That way, I'm not trying to figure out what the heck I have charged and what I haven't. It's a nice little process thing :)

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack