Some suggestions and requests after dialoging with Support. Feel free to discuss :)

• HI all,

after discussing with Support about some issues I had, I've discovered that some of them are actually designed features. So here follow a couple of requests I'd like the Development team to take into consideration. Would be happy to hear what you guys think as well :)

Tuner Mode

1. When in Browser mode, if I engage the Tuner via the volume pedal and then switch to Tuner via the chickenhead knob, Tuner mode is not activated. For example there's no "Mute Signal" or Master
    Tune setting options. Basically, the screen remains as it was when tuner was engaged through the volume pedal.
    It seems to me it would be consistent and useful if Tuner Mode (when engaged through the knob) always worked in the same way.

2. On my system, when in Tuner mode the Lock button is lit but inactive: it seems to me it should be off.
    Support told me that it is lit to mean that the Cab section is locked.
    This seems inconsistent to me: first of all, nothing hints at what it's meaning (I'd never thought of this if Scheffler hadn't explained it to me); secondly, if it was active it should be possible to switch it off.
    The main reason why I request for this modification is that Locking could be useful in Tuner mode for example in order to lock the Master Tune to the desired frequency, which seems to be an issue for many (see the related discussions on the forum).

Pure Cabinet \ Rate Preview

When I am on page 5 of the Output menu (FW 3.3), if I select a rig to preview or use from within Rig Manager (it doesn't matter whether the rig is located on the Profiler, on my PC or on RE) the Pure Cabinet soft button (third from the left)'s label turns into "Rate Preview".
    It seems this is an unnecessary inconsistency, since there's (at least in the 3.3 screen) a free softbutton at
    the second slot which might be used in order to keep the two functions independent. It seems to me it's not necessary to overimpose one function over another, since the display can accommodate both.

RM 1.5.41

I've customized the columns in RM's main window, but apparently the new folders I create (nor the other windows) do not inherit my customizations. Since I know what I want to see and what I don't need (specially because I use a larger-than-standard on Win7 in order to read more easily and not all the columns fit the screen), it would be great if the customisation was inherited by the other windows or, at least, by new windows you create\open when a certain window has the focus.

What do you guys think?

• Pure Cabinet \ Rate Preview

When I am on page 5 of the Output menu (FW 3.3), if I select a rig to preview or use from within Rig Manager (it doesn't matter whether the rig is located on the Profiler, on my PC or on RE) the Pure Cabinet soft button (third from the left)'s label turns into "Rate Preview".
    It seems this is an unnecessary inconsistency, since there's (at least in the 3.3 screen) a free softbutton at
    the second slot which might be used in order to keep the two functions independent. It seems to me it's not necessary to overimpose one function over another, since the display can accommodate both.

Good spot @viabcroce. "Rate preview" option is displayed as 3rd soft button on main/play screen:
    [Blocked Image: http://s32.postimg.org/4ertmhck5/rate2.jpg]

So probably that's populated on every screen, in particular to OUTPUT screen:
    [Blocked Image: http://s32.postimg.org/92n59tvit/rate3.jpg]

If it would be displayed as 2nd soft button in OUTPUT screen, then it would be displayed as second button on main/play screen covering "Sorted by Name" soft button.
    Probably one solution would be to move "Pure Cabinet" to 2nd soft button as well as to 2nd knob (after SPDIF volume).
    But since there might be works to move Pure Cabinet out of OUTPUT menu, I'm not sure if dev team wanna play with that.
    But in general I'm with you that this is not best UX design ;)

• I'd quite like the customised-column layout I set up to be inherited too, Gianfranco.

Perhaps it could be tweaked in a special prefs window - a dummy RM window, if you will. That way it'd remain untouched even if you make changes to the main window, which let's face it, may happen often in order to aide searching or sorting.

• RM 1.5.41

I've customized the columns in RM's main window, but apparently the new folders I create (nor the other windows) do not inherit my customizations. Since I know what I want to see and what I don't need (specially because I use a larger-than-standard on Win7 in order to read more easily and not all the columns fit the screen), it would be great if the customisation was inherited by the other windows or, at least, by new windows you create\open when a certain window has the focus.

What do you guys think?

Expanding on this, there should be a "View Options" screen. Instead of right clicking and adding/removing columns, it'd be nice to hit (at least on the mac) command + j (which is the same command for view options in Finder) or a menu option to display all columns and sort method. A button to "apply to all" and "set as default" would be a good start, but having something like view presets could be very helpful (and, might I add from my limited desktop app programming experience, a fairly easy addition). Here's what the view options menu in Finder looks like on OS X as a starting point:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/A2PzInW.png]

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• As soon as anything is locked (but the input section) the lock button will light up to indicate that. That is also the case if more than one item is locked. If you want to find out what is locked you need to press the lock button and it will show you which items are locked by making their LED light up as well.

• My Screen show "External" Storage" at this position.
    I always have a Mini USB Stick plugged in. (With the last OS and the last Back up - So I can't forget when gigging.)

Yes, I was not precise. "Rate preview" is displayed when rig is loaded to Profiler using Rig Manager. Otherwise 3rd position is empty, as soon as you have USB storage connected - it shows "External Storage."

• 1.Yes seemed to be a inconstancy - no big thing. But can happen if you mix the start of a function with push button (troggle) and steady switches. Would need an additional logic.
    2. Lockin light - is explained by Kemper Support #1. I can agree with that.

Pure Cabinet \ Rate Preview

Yes it seems confusing and kind of pointless
    The function "Pure Cabinet" itself should be Rig related as we wish in the RQ.

RM 1.5.41

For that I am not sure what you mean exactly. For example I normally use a second window, when I want to assign or change a Rig in a performance. That needs another indication for me.

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry ().

• For that I am not sure what you mean exactly.

He means view customizations of the table. How rigs are ordered (by clicking column headings), what columns are being displayed (right click the heading and you get all the columns you can show), and in what order (drag/drop the column headings to where they are desired).

I find it rather annoying as well that I have to do that every time I create a new folder, because I like seeing things in a certain way.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Interesting...

this is what Scheffler just wrote me:

I tried to replicate your problem with the ordered by date function in RM on a windows system but every time i rebooted the Rig Manager it came up with the rigs sorted by date as i left it when i quit the Rig Manager. I have no idea why this is not the case with your setup.

I am on Win7 64bit. Would those who experience my same issue specify what OS they are running? Thanks

• If you want to find out what is locked you need to press the lock button and it will show you which items are locked by making their LED light up as well.

Thanks, I had overlooked that! Is that documented?
    I assume you mean the white button, don't you?
    Actually, holding the Lock button down will make only the locked functions stay lit, while shutting of all the others. Nice trick! :)

• Thanks, I had overlooked that! Is that documented?
    I assume you mean the white button, don't you?
    Actually, holding the Lock button down will make only the locked functions stay lit, while shutting of all the others. Nice trick! :)

Of course it is-look on page 15 in the basic manual

Lock Button (7)

Use the LOCK function to prevent a Section or a Module from being changed when you switch Rigs. To lock or
    unlock individual Modules, press their respective buttons while holding the LOCK button. Essentially, you can
    think of a locked Module as being “global”.

To get an overview of the lock status of all Modules, press and hold LOCK - all locked Modules will be lit, while all
    non-locked Modules remain unlit.

✔✔The Lock function works independently between Performance Mode and Browse Mode. So you could, for ex-
    ample, lock your Input Section in Browse Mode while keeping it unlocked in Performance Mode, which happens
    to be the default setting.