DG Sessions - Eklundh Profiles (Laney IRT-Studio)

• Hi guys!

New guy on the block here, so I shall be entirely upfront and honest. I thought some people might get a kick out of these profiles so I figured I would see if I could help cover the cost of my DI box!

These "Direct Amp" profiles are attempting to recreate the tones of Mattias "IA" Eklundh's Laney IRT Studio.

I was fortunate enough to spend some time with Mattias (and his amplifier!) at his studio in Sweden earlier this year and these profiles are the result of profiling my identical amp with his settings on each channel (plus boost). They might not be to everybody's taste, but if you like Mattias' tone then I think you'll be very pleased!

7 "Direct Amp" profiles in total for £4

https://dgsessions.wordpress.com/profiles/

You should be taken to the download page immediately after checkout but if anybody has any issues then let me know.

Many thanks and all the best,

David

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Demo finally up and running!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do you know if the tone in this clip is a Laney VH100 with a Laney cab kinda roomy or out-of-phase miked? If I could get my hands on such a cabinet profile/IR, it would be beyond awesome with these Direct Amp profiles...

• I can't say for certain what was used on that particular track, but it pre-dates the IRT series so the VH100 would be a good bet as he certainly had one in his studio. The cab could be a 4x12 but personally I'd lean towards it being a 2x12 or oversized 1x12, although that's just based on the setup he had while I was there and it'd definitely be a laney. Likewise with the mic technique, I can't say for sure but I would guess a regular close mic technique. Mattias' philosophy is definitely not heavy on the gear or effects, the core of his tone is a Laney amp with caparison applehorn and a very high action (don't ignore the action! It's ridiculously high!). Then just plug and play!