Seriously fuzzy sound. :(

• Hi. I know this will possibly freak some out cause its been covered before but..........I have never used the Kemper through my PC monitors ( ALESSIS M1 ACTIVE MK2) . I did through my DAW and they sound like a fuzzbox and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to change that. I dont want to mess with my MB profiles I have tweaked as they are spot on through my Laney 4X4 Cabinet. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

• Is the cabinet simulation activated? If not you wouldn't have noticed that playing through your cab but will notice it now.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Check the output section and make sure you're not overloading the input of your DAW. If you're using the main out XLRs, you should set the main output to somewhere between -15 and -20dB, otherwise you'll easily clip the preamps. With spdif, -9 dB would be sufficient.

• You could make an output profile for your DAW / PC Monitors:

Press Output and go to page 4/7 Main Output EQ

Tweak EQ to taste then

Press Store and select Output from the two flashing buttons

Create a name e.g. 'DAW' and pass store again

You can then recall this and other Output profiles by pressing Output and selecting with Browse

It might be an idea to store the Output profile that you use for the Laney first! (could well be Default)

Blimey ... it took me a while to type that one by the looks of it!