Using Remote With Other Gear

• Hi All,

So I believe I already know the answer to this, but if I get the remote and need to control another piece of gear via MIDI I need something separate for that as of now?
    Even if the Kemper is programmed with MIDI PC's per rig, they will not be output via MIDI out or thru if I am using the Remote to switch rigs, correct?

I am still working on my pain in the butt "super simplified rig" of a Kemper + a Yamaha Motif Rack XS and the darn Motif needs MSB & LSB with PC changes in the
    Multi mode I use it in.
    I have been in a nightmare world just trying to find an easy way of using these 2 together with minimal gear!

In a perfect world I dream of having a remote on the floor with my expression pedal, the Kemper, Motif, and wireless in the rack, and my guitar with the Fishman Triple Play.
    Then stay in Performance mode and go crazy!
    Maybe someday soon!

Thanks!

Edited once, last by vablows ().

• @vablows I think you should read the reference manual before giving up. System Menu on page 119 might give you more courage. I have the feeling - but I may be wrong - that you can still send MIDI channel signals even if the remote is being used. You never know... :)

• You're right, it looks like it can send in performance mode!
    Now if I can only get it to send MSB & LSB..........

Each Performance Slot can be programmed to transmit two PC changes on two separate MIDI channels. And, the two PC changes can both be sent from the MIDI Out, or both from the MIDI Thru, or one of them from each the Out and the Thru.

• Each Performance Slot can be programmed to transmit two PC changes on two separate MIDI channels. And, the two PC changes can both be sent from the MIDI Out, or both from the MIDI Thru, or one of them from each the Out and the Thru.

Good news! I could not have imagined that the Kemper team would have prevented MIDI PC sending when using the FC. It would have been ludicrous oversight on their part. :whistling: