Overdrive clipping: very annoying noise with my new Strat

• Probably poor wiring and/or shielding of the pickups. I mean, you have definitely pinpointed that it is the specific guitar that is the problem, not your KPA. I would re-solder the pickups. If that doesn't work, I would replace the pickups. At the same time, you should look at shielding the pickup cavity...assuming you want to stick with true single-coil pups. Personally, I would toss them, and go with something like Dimarzio HS-3s.

I can't help but thinking these are not causes of the issue since the effect is only present on the hard hits.

• I can't help but thinking these are not causes of the issue since the effect is only present on the hard hits.

I am going by the information that Alex posted, stating that he has tested with different guitars, and it is only this specific Strat that exhibits the noise problem.

• Probably poor wiring and/or shielding of the pickups. I mean, you have definitely pinpointed that it is the specific guitar that is the problem, not your KPA. I would re-solder the pickups. If that doesn't work, I would replace the pickups. At the same time, you should look at shielding the pickup cavity...assuming you want to stick with true single-coil pups. Personally, I would toss them, and go with something like Dimarzio HS-3s.

Yes, that's what I thought. I'll check the wiring and if it's not the culprit, I'll think about replacing the pickups.

To test if my KPA is fine, in the first post there's the d.i. track ready to be reamped with another unit. It would help me to isolate the problem. Thanks