P&W/Worship/Church guitarists, what amps/profiles are you using?

• interesting thread! I use an H9 in the effects loop of the Kemper. My primary profiles right now are:

3rd Power Dreamweaver with the channels jumped.
    3rd Power AC channel of British Dream
    MBritts Champ profile.

The Dreamweaver gets the most play. But I played the Champ the last couple of weeks with an LP and really like it.

• I use a few. Mainly the morgan ac20 for cleans. I use the morph to add gain, and a green screem sometimes. I like to use a mesa tripple rectifier on some of the songs, and i use the vai god rig for spme lead parts.

Not traditional i know but i like to play the songs and sound like me rather than being a slave to recreating the exact sound on the cd....

• I'm using MBritt's profiles. I mostly use the AC30 3 Red but I've turned down the gain to about 2.5 or so. Sounds really great for slightly broken up worship stuff. I was previously using the '65 Princeton, but decided I wanted a change. I love Michael's profiles. I use performance mode and set up Intro/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Outro for each song. This way I can set up delays to a preset tempo for each song. But basically I have my remote set up like a pedal board where foot switch I is a Boost, II is a Tube screamer, III is a Clean boost for volume and foot switch IV is Delay on/off or to switch from one delay type to another (ie .8th to 1/4 note delay). When I first got my profiler I used the Morgan AC20 profile because it sounded almost exactly like my Morgan DAG15 (sold that after I got the profiler). Now I only use the profiler, no external pedals at all.

• Disclaimer: not bragging here just trying to give the scale of how great the Kemper can be.

I'm playing at a huge church this weekend (20k+) and was playing one of mbritt's profiles (/13 JRT9-15 3).

I had backed off the treble and presence and bumped up the mids to about 1.5 because a lot of times his profiles are really bright or scooped.

For a lead I hit my klon and FOH guy told me it was the best guitar tone he had ever heard. Wow!!

• Awesome! Any videos available by chance? Would love to hear it!

Awesome! Any videos available by chance? Would love to hear it!

@sanders4617

Thanks, and yep there's video of the full service!

Jump to 4:30 for the start of my solo with the klon + king of tone + the /13 profile I mentioned earlier. The keys player and I did back to back solos, so that was a fun thing to throw in there. Not as loud in the video mix as I'd hoped but I assure you it was blazing in FOH, my guitar got so loud in the ambient mics during that solo lol

https://vimeo.com/174069528

• I use MBritt Guyatone profiles and The Amp Factory PhilX evil robot. Actually one set of the other depending on my mood. Mostly the Guyatones now. (Should I really be using an amp named "Evil" in church!)

• I use MBritt Guyatone profiles and The Amp Factory PhilX evil robot. Actually one set of the other depending on my mood. Mostly the Guyatones now. (Should I really be using an amp named "Evil" in church!)

That Evil Robot profile is awesome, yes you should use it in church, ha ha!

• I'm using MBritt Guyton profiles. Sound great with all my guitars. I stack a JHS morning glory and a MXR Lil' Torino into it. Honestly though, I could get all the sounds I need with just a few Guytron profiles, aside from the built in OD's. I mostly use the external stomps because it give me that 'hands-on' ability to tweak on the fly, since those pedals will be used in most or all of the rigs I use live. (as opposed to going into a dozen Rigs and making the same edits over and over again and saving each one.)

• I do, but it's not on the rig exchange. It'sbased on the MorganAC20 profile with a lot of reverb and delay. I can upload it when I'm back from my business trip to Nicaragua. It has a tremolo for texture and works really well for swells

Edited once, last by timdabel ().

• I do, but it's not on the rig exchange. It'sbased on the MorganAC20 profile with a lot of reverb and delay. I can upload it when I'm back from my business trip to Nicaragua. It has a tremolo for texture and works really well for swells

I'll be looking for this, let us know what to search for.

• Brand new to the forum here - I've just ordered the power rack + remote. I play guitar every week at our small new church (~50 people but punching above our weight in the music department)

Great to come to the forum and see this post straight away. Most videos that I've seen on the Kemper are with sounds that are at least as overdriven/distorted as a JCM800 - which always seems a bit too rock 'n' roll/bombastic for church music. At least in my context it is.

I've been using a Laney Cub12 (great amp for the money) but look forward to having more versatility with the Kemper. The plan is to have a performance slot for each guitar I use, with 5 rigs taking me from squeaky clean to distorted - and keeping the effects slots consistent between each one so that I don't get lost - probably clean boost/overdrive/modulation/delay-reverb.

I've been researching a ton profiles and botique amps to see what kind of thing might work best for me. Some of the 'theampfactory' profiles seem to be pretty decent but I can see M Britt is popular here so I'll have to look at those too. Can't wait to actually play the thing, but it's a 2/3 week wait from my supplier. And it'll feel longer than that.

• I've been researching a ton profiles and botique amps to see what kind of thing might work best for me. Some of the 'theampfactory' profiles seem to be pretty decent but I can see M Britt is popular here so I'll have to look at those too. Can't wait to actually play the thing, but it's a 2/3 week wait from my supplier. And it'll feel longer than that.

Welcome here rockbadger. For your purposes, I highly recommend the "Tonehawk" pack, and it's a steal for $9.99 (check out the Tonehawk video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3OUK8mZ53s), and I find these profiles really excel and open up at live volumes. The FTR37 profiles are outstanding, and you can set up a whole performance with the various FTR37 profiles, as the pack has various pedals baked into the profiles. My profiler is primarily filled with Tonehawk and MBritt profiles (I recommend the MBritt pack 2 or pack 1 as well). You really can't go wrong here with these three packs, and you'll need to experiment based on the guitar you're using. Some profiles will be better suited to different guitars.

• For your purposes, I highly recommend the "Tonehawk" pack, and it's a steal for $9.99 (check out the Tonehawk video: youtube.com/watch?v=w3OUK8mZ53s), and I find these profiles really excel and open up at live volumes. The FTR37 profiles are outstanding, and you can set up a whole performance with the various FTR37 profiles, as the pack has various pedals baked into the profiles.

(I hope I've got the quoting right there...)

Thanks - great tip there - the sounds on the video sound great and mostly up my street - particularly the divided by 13 ones.

• Welcome to the forum! You might want to try the MorganAC20 rig by rmpacheco on the Rig Exchange.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer