1500 Watt FRFR! Line 6 Firehawk

• Good for home practice :D
    I have used an Iloud stereo portable monitor
    iLoud sounds 2-3 times louder than comparable-sized speakers.
    40 watts

And now a Gemini 2 FRFR
    2 x 110W internal amplifiers, 2 x 12″ low frequency drivers, and 1″ coaxial high frequency drivers providing a stereo solution in a single cabinet

But this man is fing insane

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yeah, I'm considering investing in one of these for when I'm gigging in UK. At the moment, I'm hiring a Marshall 4x12 with V30s and it sounds great on stage, but something like this would perhaps give me a more accurate on stage sound and also be an OK back up, should my KPA fail for whatever reason. Sounds like it's a bit of a heavy beast, but I'd save a few kilos in my carry-on luggage which is more of a pain (I wouldn't need my Ambrosi ATM70 with this). I look forward to hearing reports of how it plays with Kemper :)

• Agree it sounds interesting as you'd then have a decent back up too, just not a fan of line 6 stuff tbh. As an all in one it still sounds fizzy to me.

Agreed. All those overdrives sounded like a battery operated case-pocket amp to me.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• Yes but my friends there some good and bad sounds in there, dont forget the good sounds the artist in the vId (TALENTED) uses at gigs ..he has a decent sound IMO..THERE ARE STILL SOME [good] COLORS in there IMO

Sam be awesome you amping up the kemper with this bra...LOUD AND NASTY...
    one day mess round with the sounds in the firehawk AND kemper so you have 2 amps..
    that the cool part of this option, if you find a gem in there you can use your old speaker and this WITH the kemper
    TWO amps tee hee :thumbup:

1500 watts BABY :P

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Okay i get it , line 6 sounds sucks :)
    BUT YOU CAN STILL YOUR YOUR KEMPER WITH THIS...FRFR!
    1500 Watts will never be light, its worth the weight lol :D

loud i wanna hear it loud
    -kiss

Ash

• Reviving this old thread to ask - has anyone actually used the Line 6 Firehawk 1500 with the Kemper? If so, could you post some video of the results?

Thanks!

Well, while searching for results, I found this interesting video. I think some of you very technically oriented people will find what this man does to be interesting:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Plattino and Spikey have both tried the amp and said they liked it, but did not post any results. Looking forward to hear your experience. People have mentioned a wet-dry-wet setup through that amp, but I'm not technical enough to know what that means. I'm assuming it has to do with simultaneously running signals through the amp in some magical fashion with a dry output for adding different effects or maybe re-amping???

• thank you! So I picked up the Firehawk 1500 and let me tell you... Its freaking sick! beyond loud,clear and clean. when playing at loud volumes it doesnt clip or buzz or distort the sound at all. ive been playing 5150/engl/6505 profiles on almost full gain with the bass up to get a nice chunk and it sounds just great! I play a lot of VFWs and small venues so i'm going to be using this thing as my main cab just because of its volume capabilities. Anything bigger i can just go DI right to the monitors and use the Firehawk as a stage monitor (i know thats what its really used for but like i said, the pure clean volume you get out of this thing is right up there with a 4x12! I do wish this was a 2x12 just because but im still very happy with it.) i'm using it only as the FRFR just like how Devin townsend said he was using it. i even looked on craigslist today and found someone selling a roadcase 4x12. i got them down to $75!! complete steal! but here is a photo below for now. Will get some legit videos together with the set up soon.

Update: video link and photo (sorry for the terrible quality. Me just messing around.)

External Content youtu.be

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9yn…5%2056%2003%20PM.jpg?dl=0

• Hi,

I've got the EXACT same setup as you - a kemper profiler and a 1500.

Can you please let me know how you configured your 1500 to operate ?

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

• Down to €849 from €999 on Thomann! Would be great if you could get it without the bells and whistles as we all know what Line sounds like..Would knock some more off the price. Looks like a nice little unit. On my list of contenders. Still would prefer a more 4x12 style a la Matrix FR212 or Mission 212.

Would kill to get my hands on the profiles Devin Townsend uses... 8o

• so honestly I'm just running it as a cab. blank EQ and letting all the kemper do all the work. run it into the monitor in left at about 65-75% volume on the 1500 and control it through the kemper.

i LOVEDDDDDD the FH1500 but i ended up selling due to having to pay some bills a few weeks ago :( i miss it already! BUT i'm thinking of getting a friedman ASC soon which is the cab version and pretty much what I'm looking for.

• With 800 euros' it looks like a nice FRFR alternative for a passive(!) Blue amb cab whitch sells for 1200.
    Backup included :)

EBMM Luke Black Sparkle | EBMM Luke Luke Blue | Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 | Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster