Just Curious ........ Has Development of the " Profiling / Profile Playback Engine " ceased (?) and is Kemper now only concentrating on features / efx etc ..... (?)

• @djemass

Friend I would never argue about this.You and all the others do a great job with your profiles and ofcourse it would be fine if you would have "new better tools" to achieve even better results but obviously we talk about "highly sensitive" issues.No developer will ever disclose his top secret formular.And if I am not wrong you are asking exactly for something like this.

And as I said..I would not like to have the same circus like in some "other blogs" where this "now it sounds more real" has become a running gag.Last time I went "over there" to read about their latest FWs it was a complete chaos.A lot of people were asking for for stuff from the older FWs after they already upgraded to the new one.Please..who needs something like this;

That said I am quite sure that in the future there will be more options for the profiling process and we already got them with the direct/merged-profiling.I am sure this have not been the last upgrades for the profiling technology.Add to this that I dont have the feeling that the know how from the users side for the current profiling has reached its limits.Just lately we have more and more very good sounding profiles in the RE.Much more than in the past.This should tell us a lot.I like the tempo Kemper is going.Not to fast,one,max 2 new FWs every year.This gives also the users the necessary time to adopt.

• Yup, @Nikos profiling technology has improved - direct profiles, pure cabinet, low frequency compensation (hey, has that disappeared in 4.02?), the dispensation of the need for profile refining for most amps.

I'm sure Mr CK is concerned about some of the unfounded allegations that are being made about the capability of the existing hardware. Sure, we could only use delay in one slot earlier. Now we are able to use it in 7 slots simultaneously.

And we have been promised new delay types. And it is likely we will get more reverbs.

What after that? More stomps? More cabinet and amp tweaks? More special features like morph?

And before I get my head bitten off, I see no problem with a refined profiling algorithm to handle all kinds of amps too, hopefully it will be done. If everyone is worried about hardware capability, perhaps with the addition of the new algorithm, the old one will no longer be needed, freeing up those precious processor cycles :D

• I am glad there are more than 2-3 users who recognize a clear dis-balance in improvement trends so far .

Don, I do not like your post . ;)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• I think he didn't t read the previous posts properly,if he even manage to read them all.
    What he just said is typical speculation, taking some words out of contest .

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• My last post was addressed not to you Don, but to the guy who posted just before my last post above .
    He addresed me not directly , but as "he", so did I.

Guys are little bit nervous, you are right, just because they do not read properly.

If my questions are reason for tense atmosphere, I apologise and retrench from this discussion.
    Cheers and no hassle!

• My last post was addressed not to you Don, but to the guy who posted just before my last post above .

Guys are little bit nervous, you are right, just because they do not read properly.

If my questions are reason for tense atmosphere, I apologise and retrench from this discussion.
    Cheers and no hassle!

"He" in my post was Don! Never mind...

Cheers and no hassle!

haha my bad.
    apologies. :)
    I don't think you or any other one person is responsible for the change in atmosphere.
    cheers

• there's a sense among some owners that striking a balance between the expectations of pros and those of a broader amateur(?) audience, sets the KPA development on an awkward trajectory

Therein is the problem: nobody here really know what Kempers "trajectory" actually is. So everyone is left to uninformed speculation, which leads to 100 different theories. Of course, no more than 1 of those theories is right, and rarely even that.

Then add to that the delay in feature delivery and the masses will start to get "chatty".

Personally, I'm not concerned about the decision to add this feature or that feature, this new product or something else entirely. I'm confident that Kemper will make the decisions that make it a stronger and more viable business into the future. My concern is the glacial development pace and what that tells us about the resources available to the Kemper operation. It happened with the AX8 where the user base vastly overestimated the size of FAS -- some users where surprised to find out that FAS is really just a handful of people. I imagine Kemper is even smaller.

• If we visit less often, it is because we are playing more, and talking less :)

With 7,000+ posts, are you sure it's not because you're bored, @paults? :D

Seriously though, we used to have more new people joining every day as well too. Things have slowed down around here after 4.0 was released though, so you may be right!

• Hi Everyone,
    It's a busy world! Perhaps people are reading more and posting less. I definitely do that. Not that I'm anywhere near 7000+ posts!
    I take the Kemper as it comes. I believe that all users benefit from the developments that have occurred since day one. People will disagree over what they think should be done next. CK and his team will decide, they know best the capability of the hardware.
    To me it is obvious that they want to
    provide the best user experience and feature set as possible. Who in their position wouldn't? They have chosen to develop morphing delays and reverbs recently,
    They may well return to profiling improvements later, who knows? At least product development FW updates
    and new features keep being delivered, for free. We can all get frustrated with what we want but don't have.
    Whenever I feel like that I remind myself that when I bought my first proper guitar I didn't have an amp, I had no FX, yet I was convinced I could make a good sound by touching the headstock on the wooden frame of my metal sprung bunk
    bed. Indeed, I could get quite a decent spring reverb effect out of it!
    Now I gaze in wonder at the little green box that creates all manner of glorious noise with that very same guitar.
    I welcome all new developments
    regardless of their direct use to me, I am, after all, only one customer.
    Peace
    Pre-Amp
    :)

• Oh, the toxic environment on the Kemper forums, what has become of us!

Seems like fewer people visiting too, of late.

I doubt this forum will ever reach the insanity of that other forum in which many (including the leader) have a Doctorate in Toxicity. ;)
    I guess people are waiting on a more stable release of the morphing+ edition before upgrading and commenting.

Regarding the original topic, the KPA sounds as good (tone-wise) as an amplifier to me now. I don't see what improvements need to be made.
    To the OP, what exactly is lacking?

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Regarding the original topic, the KPA sounds as good (tone-wise) as an amplifier to me now. I don't see what improvements need to be made.
    To the OP, what exactly is lacking?

I am not the OP - just some cents. ;)
    One point was the direction developments and improving should run. To fulfill demands of people who use the Kemper more for profiling or people using the kemper more for playing with effect as much and good as possible.
    As break even point was mention that CPU Power and man power may be limited so both demands cannot handled with the same effort at same time.
    For me the topic was interesting to read. I am just a player but I also need the quality of profiles.
    At the moment I am satisfied with both but of course I am curious what the future could be.
    We will see what direction CK will choose.