Rig Manager Problems

• Hi all, relatively new to Kemper, but having ongoing problems with getting RM to recognise the Kemper. Im on Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.4, RM 1.5.41.

If I reinstall RM it recognises the Kemper for a short while, then its gone again.

Checked names are the same in RM and Kemper, tested usb cable - no joy.

Any help appreciated its now a daily frustration whilst trying to enjoy the Kemper

Many thanks, Ben

• Ben, I think your fastest route would be to contact support by email. They should be able to help get you sorted out. I'm on Windows so can't offer any suggestions. Oh yeah, Welcome!!

• @munch man - I have had similar problems recently where sporadically I will turn on the Kemper and launch RM and they won't see each other. Sometimes unplugging the USB cable from the Kemper or iMac helps, sometimes a restart helps. Eventually they see each other.

Good luck!

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Thanks for the reply guys. I got all excited after a reboot of the Kemp and RM and changed usb port. They saw each other, but was short lived. :)

I'm a bit of an obsessive character and its Its a real shame when something so simple stops me getting on. I was hoping to organise all the stock rigs, back up and strip out the ones I didn't want and the visual of RM would have helped massively.

Thanks for the help, I will keep trying

BW, Ben

• I'd try deleting the dB before reinstalling: chances are some data corruption messes things up...

as for a general advise this is not a good advise. deleting the database will certainly not help with connection problems. Ben: you've received a reply already but it will take some days for the developers to analyze what you've kindly send over.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks, I am looking forward to a solution from support but I raised the support ticket as a result of advice in this thread so Im glad of any help I can get, especially as the problem seems fairly common. I managed to use RM for a short time yesterday and it makes a massive difference.

Another thing that happened for the first time yesterday, which may have no baring on my issues: The Kemper seemed non-responsive when moving the chicken head or pressing any soft buttons. Even when I turned off it took some time to respond and didn't give the closing down message. In PC terms it had a crash. If it happens again I will open a different thread, but worth mentioning I think.

Thanks, Ben

• Not meaning to sound impatient but is 10 days a reasonable amount of time for support to have a look at the log files etc and respond to a ticket?

Maybe Ive missed the email?

I can't remember the last time (decade) I had such problems with a USB device in this way - bit frustrating really.

• Ben, I feel your pain.

After my iMac goes to sleep, when I wake it up and launch RM it won't find the Kemper. I always have to restart for them to see each other. As long as the iMac stays active it's fine, but if I decide to play later tonight I know my iMac will be asleep and when I wake it up I will have to restart in order to use RM.

I've tried different cables and ports. No help. And I am not connected to a hub. Those things are shaky.

Your experience may be different from mine.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• After my iMac goes to sleep, when I wake it up and launch RM it won't find the Kemper. I always have to restart for them to see each other. As long as the iMac stays active it's fine, but if I decide to play later tonight I know my iMac will be asleep and when I wake it up I will have to restart in order to use RM.

which OSX version are you using?

• After my iMac goes to sleep, when I wake it up and launch RM it won't find the Kemper. I always have to restart for them to see each other. As long as the iMac stays active it's fine, but if I decide to play later tonight I know my iMac will be asleep and when I wake it up I will have to restart in order to use RM.

is it working for you when the mac does NOT go to sleep?

• in my case - yes - I experience the same problem, since I updated to El Capitan and 1.5.41 (posted in a neighbouring thread). I was on Mavericks and 1.5.39 for a while and had no problems.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Hi, thanks for the replies. Im on El Capitan 10.11.5.

I'm thinking the USB shutting down on sleep is the issue. It always works on reboot and now that I'm looking out for it I think it drops when it goes to sleep. I will monitor properly and feedback here.

@Andy TV - if I'm reading that right the solution you link through suggests it doesn't allow the HD to stop spinning, but I could be wrong. Im on a SSHD so maybe this would be an issue?

I might change the power saving settings for when Im in the studio and see if that sorts the problem.

Thanks to everyone who's replied - I will feedback here if amending the power saving settings makes the problem easier to deal with. Seems logical so theres hope.

btw - where are support on this? Getting on for 2 weeks now and no suggestions from them. Im new to KPA but seems poor to me.

• Hey munch man,

If "sleep mode" is the problem ... isn't one of the advantages of having a Solid State Drive as your primary disk (since they don't have moving parts) that there's no need to put your system into sleep mode?

BTW how do like having a SSD? Just curious.