Tips Needed: getting Kemper dynamics (amp "feel") through PA to match Kemper through a guitar cab.

• I've played my kemper live through my bogner 2x12 (v30s) many times and am completely happy with how it sounds..fantastic. Not a compromise at all...and in many ways a delight. Thus far I have always run it this way....as opposed to feeding it into a PA while monitoring it through my bogner.

Recently I went to a practice and did not bring my cab...just plugged in straight into the PA. I was frustrated in that the amp did not seem to roll back the same way that it does through a guitar cab...i.e. with the guitar volume rolled back I would get a tonal clean up (reduction in gain) but did not experience the volume drop that I would anticipate. Not sure I am articulating it right, but the bottom line is that I did not feel in control of my tone through the guitar in the same way that I do when playing it through my bogner.

This lends me to not feel comfortable that the Kemper through a PA will sound anything like what I hear through the cab, were I to play it live this way.

Does anyone experience this?

Does anyone have suggestions on what I might need to do or explore setting wise in order to correct this?

The issue was not cab simulation being turned off for the PA feed, so eliminate that thought.

Anyhow, appreciate any comments. Thanks!

• This lends me to not feel comfortable that the Kemper through a PA will sound anything like what I hear through the cab, were I to play it live this way.

Does anyone experience this?

Of course it doesn't - it's very likely that the baked in cab is different then your cab. Also: mic placement and selection has an enormous impact of the FOH sound.

Solution: create your own merged profiles with your Bogner cab.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• In the Amp Menu section, do you have the "Compressor" parameter set at a high value? If so, you might want to try turning it down. The Compressor parameter has the effect of equalizing the volume level between the clean and distorted tones. In other words, if you have the Compressor enabled, it will keep the volume constant, even when you roll back on your guitar volume pot, while still allowing the signal to clean up. Personally, I like this feature. However, if you want to hear a decrease in volume level, as you clean up your tone by rolling back you guitar's volume pot, then you might want to set the Compressor to zero.

Also, don't forget that the KPA's Cabinet profile is making quite a difference. When you are playing through your guitar cabinet, I presume you have the "Cab" simulation disabled. However, when you are playing through a PA, you would have the Cab enabled. This, in and of itself, is going to make an appreciable difference in not just tone, but how the virtual amp reacts with the virtual cabinet.

Cheers,
    John