Issues with profiling a non master Plexi

• Thanks for these @eljodon been looking forward to these. Should be right up my street as I've had very similar issues trying to make direct profiles of my Marshall 1980 JMP 2203, just comes out really thin and tinny with the definition setting itself at around 0.3!. Only had the odd few minutes at rehearsal to quickly try and take a couple of profiles whilst deafening everybody so I never really got time to look into the issue in more depth.

The Marshall is away getting modded with a PPIVM with zenner diode clipping, resonance pot, a "definition" pot and and footswitchable extra valve gain stage on top of the valve fx loop and solo boost it already has in so it should be great when I get it back in the next week or two.

• My profiles are bright because I like a bright tone with body ,sort of like the VH1 album.I was able to make a profile of my nonmaster volume using a Fryette Power Station. Some the profiles has a TC Electronics 2204 parametric eq on the fx loop of the PS lowering 300Hz,500Hz, 1kHz and 2kHz by -.5dB and -1db with a narrow band which is the sound I like with the nonmaster Plexi's. The PS has a bright and switches with 3 settings and a resonance and presence control, so I have a lot of options. I'll make darker profiles later, I just want people's opinions so I can make them better. Good luck with you JMP mod!

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• My profiles are bright because I like a bright tone with body ,sort of like the VH1 album.I was able to make a profile of my nonmaster volume using a Fryette Power Station. Some the profiles has a TC Electronics 2204 parametric eq on the fx loop of the PS lowering 300Hz,500Hz, 1kHz and 2kHz by -.5dB and -1db with a narrow band which is the sound I like with the nonmaster Plexi's. The PS has a bright and switches with 3 settings and a resonance and presence control, so I have a lot of options. I'll make darker profiles later, I just want people's opinions so I can make them better. Good luck with you JMP mod!

I wouldn't touch a thing, your profiles are amazing. Users can dial the top end out, just as most add top end to MBritts profiles.

Very fine work friend!

• I wouldn't touch a thing, your profiles are amazing. Users can dial the top end out, just as most add top end to MBritts profiles.

Very fine work friend![/quote]

Thanks. I purchased many profiles from MBritts(and many others) and although they're very good, I find them dark for my taste, I usually use my cab profiles and they sound better to me. When I play live I don't use FRFR, I use either my Port City 2 x 12 with BH75 or 1 or 2 Marshall 1960B cabinets with a mix of Scumback BH75, M75, H75 and H55. For power, I use a Mesa 2 90, but lately, I've been trying a Crown XLS power amp because I'm trying to make my gear lighter. The Kemper sounds much better with FRFR than my Axe Fx 2 which I never liked, so I've always used it with my guitar cabs. Now I use it just for effects with the Kemper as the amp.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80