Set Noisegate global?

• Hello! my Noisegate have always bin global, but yesterday after updating to 4.2 I discoverd that my noicegate is set to rigs! I want it global again, but do not understand how and in what menu I can change the setting! anyone have a tip on that?

• Is there any reason why setting your noise gate globally instead of per rig? I'm not asking in a snarky way. I'm just curious. Seems to me it would make sense to set it on a per rig basis because certain rigs require less noise reduction than others (a slightly dirty vs high gain for example). I've always been under the impression that the best practice is to use only as much noise gate as needed.

• Is there any reason why setting your noise gate globally instead of per rig? I'm not asking in a snarky way. I'm just curious. Seems to me it would make sense to set it on a per rig basis because certain rigs require less noise reduction than others (a slightly dirty vs high gain for example). I've always been under the impression that the best practice is to use only as much noise gate as needed.

This is of course a valid point of view.
    But more often than not you can get away with a good compromise of one noise gate setting. I keep the same setting even on different guitars of all kinds.
    Kemper seem to see it in a similar way as the default for the gate is a locked status.

• I use as less noisegate and compressors as i can, if i am not looking for that special squeese..
    i like pure tone.. but some places have bad powersuply or other things that disturb my amp, and i want to kill some noise.. if not i barly have the noisegate engage! I am not a highgainplayer.. only some 80´s smooth singing distortion. I like it better when its global

• I agree with OhG's post, but end up doing as Ingo... because it's not possible to lock Clean Sens and leave the NG unlocked (the Input section gets locked as a whole).

This might be the subject for a feature request, mightn't it? :)