Fender Strat 1965 Time machine NOS value

• Hey guys!

I saw an add for a Fender Strat 1965 Time machine series and I'm wondering what is it's value. It says it is old approx 10 years old.

Here are other features:

BODY Select Alder

NECK Maple, '65 "C" Shape,

(Nitro-Cellulose Lacquer Finish)

MACHINE HEADS Fender/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines

FINGERBOARD Round Laminated Rosewood, 7.25" Radius (184 mm)

NO. OF FRETS 21 Vintage Style Frets

PICKUPS 3 Custom '65 Single-Coil Strat Pickups

CONTROLS Master Volume:

Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),

Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)

BRIDGE American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo

PICKUP SWITCHING 3-Position Blade:

Position 1. Bridge Pickup

Position 2. Middle Pickup

Position 3. Neck Pickup

HARDWARE Nickel/Chrome

SCALE LENGTH 25.5" (648 mm)

WIDTH AT NUT 1.650" (42 mm)

UNIQUE FEATURES "C" Shape Maple Neck,

'65 Transition Logo,

Narrow dot spacing,

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum and if you have any ideas of a better site where to ask this question I would appreciate a good link. I posted here because i'm kinda used to the community and appreciate your's opinion :)

• How much were they new? The market's flooded with strats and this doesn't sound like anything special. I agree with looking on Ebay and Reverb at completed sales. Else, I'd hesitate to pay over 500 US.

• Not sure about US, but in the EU, I'd say about €2500, give or take.

Actually I am in Europe and the current price is actually 2200...will probably go test it out though :)

Thanks for the advice :)

• National markets vary slightly as well of course, but I know those guitars usually come up for that amount of money. One being sold for less isn't that weird either, though, certainly if you're not buying it from a store. I've seen CS Fenders go for nearly 3000 used and on the other hand, I only paid 1700 for mine. Depends all on the demand as well. Mine had been sitting in a shop for a couple of months and he was having a clearance sale, for instance.

How much were they new? The market's flooded with strats and this doesn't sound like anything special. I agree with looking on Ebay and Reverb at completed sales. Else, I'd hesitate to pay over 500 US.

Fender Time Machine is a Custom Shop series. Good luck getting that at 500.