Rig Manager Not Finding Kemper

• Yesterday I loaded Rig Manager onto my Mac, connected my Kemper via USB, everything worked perfectly. Today I powered up the Kemper, opened Rig Manager and - nothing. Rig Manager does not see my Kemper at all. I tried re-booting and re-loading everything a couple times, different sequences, still nothing.

The profiles I worked with an stored yesterday are all still present on my Kemper, but Rig Manager is now just blank.

Suggestions?

• Those are the latest official versions (not including betas) so you're all good there.

I've had a few 'moments' with a Macbook Air where the USB port has shut down thus preventing any communication. Unplugging and replugging doesn't fix it. I think the mac is shutting down the port for some reason - i.e. not a Kemper issue (unless the Kemper is pulling too much current) - it is fixed by rebooting the mac.
    I have read (elsewhere on this forum) the suggestion that you put the mac to sleep and then wake it up again to cure the problem but I am not entirely convinced. I did ask the Kemper team about this but they didn't have the same issue - maybe its a laptop as opposed to a desktop problem.
    Seeing as you have already tried various rebooting sequences this of little use so I think I would be inclined to remove and re-install Rig Manager.
    Then reload your backup file (you made one didn't you?!) and see what happens

• I have that issue too and I did not have it before I updated to the latest RM version (41) and El Capitan 10.11.5. I am still on the 3.3 release firmware.

I need to investigate it further but so far - putting the PC to sleep or switching the Kemper off/on does not help. Only a reboot helps.
    My cable is short, i tried different ports but most importantly - it worked till i made the changes.

I will run a few more tests and open a support ticket, once I can reproduce the circumstances when this happens.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• through a powered hub, BUT it has been working since day one in this configuration without any problem until I updated RM and OSX recently.
    Plus - everything is fine after a reboot until the pc enters sleep mode. This is very like a driver issue in combination with OS changes.

I don't say it is easy to find, but in my experience - stupid stuff aside - 90% to 95% of pc problems are software related.

• Plus - everything is fine after a reboot until the pc enters sleep mode. This is very like a driver issue in combination with OS changes.

so just to be clear here: Rig Manager looses connection when your Mac goes into hibernation (sleep mode)? what's your sleep mode settings? do you have power napping enabled in Energy Saver?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Sorry - didn't see you replied here too!

Yes - power napping is enabled.

Right now the screen was dark, the Profiler was on. RM was not loaded. I woke the guy up, logged in started RM and the profiler is being recognized. I reboot the profiler and it is not recognized anymore. Restarting RM or both makes no difference. I have to reboot.

After reboot (with Kemper left running) starting RM, it recognizes the Kemper. Going to sleep (system menu).
    wakin' it up - the profiler is being recognized.

Sorry I was wrong and did not investigate precisely - it seems to be the shutdown of the Kemper, which is causing the trouble. I usually go to sleep AND shut the Kemper down. Then wake the system up and start the Kemper.

• to me it looks like we're talking about two issues here. one is that Rig Manager doesn't communicate with Profiler after shutting Profiler down and starting it again. this issue is confirmed. but as for the other issue, where Profiler "magically" just disappears and you need to reboot the Mac in order make it see Profiler again, we are still in the dark. i'd be interested to learn if you still can see Profiler in About this Mac > System Report > USB

• to me it looks like we're talking about two issues here. one is that Rig Manager doesn't communicate with Profiler after shutting Profiler down and starting it again. this issue is confirmed. but as for the other issue, where Profiler "magically" just disappears and you need to reboot the Mac in order make it see Profiler again, we are still in the dark. i'd be interested to learn if you still can see Profiler in About this Mac > System Report > USB

Hi, I have a similar issue: I turn off the Kemper and close down Rig Manager, and my Mac goes to sleep. When my Mac wakes up, I turn on Kemper, launch Rig Manager, and Rig Manager no longer sees the Kemper. The only way I've found it is to reboot the Mac. I checked About this Mac > System Report > USB, and my Mac is seeing the Kemper. Also, I just updated to the latest firmware (4.0 Beta) and the latest Rig Manager (1.5 I think?), but had this issue before updating my Kemper firmware (but still with the latest Rig Manager). Any suggestions, or should I submit a ticket? Thanks!

• Thank you, I had installed the latest version on Sunday, but noticed you just put up a new version yesterday, so I'll try that.

the version from monday is exactly about your problem and unless we've overlooked something it should fix it

• the version from monday is exactly about your problem and unless we've overlooked something it should fix it

Spectacular, it appears to have totally solved my problem, thank you very much!

I must say, the level of support Kemper provides is excellent, and in my experience, rare. You have a very happy customer.

• the version from monday is exactly about your problem and unless we've overlooked something it should fix it

Awesome, I need to look into it. Could you please tell us about rig manager updates under Announcements in the forum? Would be really great!

Cheers!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12