how do i overwrite an existing preset?

• how do i overwrite an existing preset and replace with another?..also how do i add another edict to a preset and save it?

• how do i overwrite an existing preset and replace with another?..also how do i add another edict to a preset and save it?

You don't edit anything on the remote.
    The Remote mirrors your Profiler, that's where you sort and edit rigs and performances.

• I don't know about rigs, but you cannot overwrite presets - it saves as a new preset with the same name. This is a known issue, has been raised many times in many venues and Mr. Kemper has assured me that the team is aware of it and it will be addressed. At some point.

• It may be I got the OP wrong. I thought he referred to rigs not FX presets.
    Seems I need some holidays. ;)

You may very well have understood the question correctly. I asked for a clarification, because "preset" and "Preset" do not necessarily mean the same thing to everyone. While the KPA has FX Presets, it does not have Rig Presets. But, it does have "Factory Rigs:, which are not the same thing as other manufacturers' "Factory Presets" ;)

• Bump. Please fix this. Still saves an additional preset with the same name.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Are you trying to save a stomp preset?
    once you have edited the settings you like on a stomp
    press save (module) and then rename the stomp ,
    hope that's what your asking!
    if not, forgive me :thumbup:

• Are you trying to save a stomp preset?
    once you have edited the settings you like on a stomp
    press save (module) and then rename the stomp ,
    hope that's what your asking!
    if not, forgive me :thumbup:

That is not what he is asking. He wants to save to the current preset - otherwise known as overwriting it. He does not want to save it out as a new, additional preset.

• Load an output preset
    Make some changes
    Try to save under the same name (overwrite)
    Result: two presets with the same name

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Change the name and delete the default one :thumbup:

Sorry it's not practical. I have output presets for different rehearsal rooms etc.

• In deed, when storing Presets (no Rigs and no Performances) there is no Store As/Replace/Rename selection, it always does Store As.

And one reason is, that it is not always obvious, what the last Preset is and if your current state is logically still linked to it. Example: You load a Rig including an Amp A, then you load an Amp Preset with an Amp B followed by a Stack Preset including an Amp C. Later you focus on the Amp Module again and store a Preset. Should now Amp C overwrite the Preset including Amp B and is the user aware of this consequence? Or you load an Effect Preset of a Wah in Module C and store the Rig with it, then you change Rigs, later you come back and change the Effect Type into a Booster and change its parameters. Or you even locked the Stomps Section in the meantime. If you now store a Preset of Module C, are you aware, that you might be overwriting a Wah Preset with a completely different effect? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is not always that straight forward and obvious.

How many different Output Presets do you have? 5? What the practical impact of not having a replace function for those?

• Probably have 10. It's impractical because I tweak them every time I use them and currently I have to save them under an incremental name and delete the older one. Same with stomp presets.

Nikolaj