Pure Cabinet with DI + Bag

• Hello all !

I'm brand new to the whole Kemper world (buying one next week, so excited !) so I have just two questions about two different topics (so sorry if that's already been asked).

- This Pure Cabinet thing seems to be a game changer. I plan on playing though DI to the FOH console straight ahead. Is Pure Cabinet right for that or is it more for my own confort for my own wedge? (I should probably mention that I use the venues wedge so I don't use a personal one, just checking if it fits with the DI concept). I realize it's probably a matter of taste but I need a little guidance on that matter...

- I'm buying the Kemper official bag (I'll buy the lunchbox version). I also use some other stuff. Do you think it can contain : the profiler, the remote control, an ep booster (small pedal), a wireless Line 6 G50 (unit + receptor), a small distortion pedal, four power adaptators, several small jacks and one longer, the remote cable and an expression pedal?

Thanks for the answers, so happy to finally switch to Kemper !

Cheers

• I prefer using pure cab for pretty much every profile. It does knock off some of the digital harshness and sounds more natural to me anyway. As far as the bag goes that's a lot of stuff you are planing to jam in there. Can you make it fit? Maybe. The remote is gonna be a bit tight put on top of the Profiler infer the lid but I know some do it.

• One upgrade to the bag I recommend is getting a better strap. The one that comes with it is cheap and falls apart fast. The stitching on the pad tears out in short order. Both my bag and bandmate's fell apart in a couple months. I recommend this one from Amazon. Very comfortable and durable. OP/TECH USA 0911312 S.O.S.-Curve Strap for bags, briefcases and luggage- neoprene (Steel) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004…sw_r_cp_api_A13rxb4WCFBWB

• Welcome here Alex :)

PC just changes the cab profile's response, use it to taste whenever you feel it's appropriate :)

It does knock off some of the digital harshness

There's none in the Profiler!
    What you hear is a cab fed by a crancked up power amp and closely mic'ed. A "real" rig sounds the same, specially if you tweak it in order to better cut the mix.

:)

• quote:
    "Pure Cabinet" will gently polish the sound of the virtual cabinet to move it toward the sound that you would hear directly IN THE ROOM - in other words: the sound of the cabinet without the microphone. The fundamental character of the sound will still be maintained. Unquote

The red marked Words are in the german version.
    I confess to a rather clumsy adaptation of the meaning in English

• Harry, that's something different than adding the room's influence. What PC does is to try and reproduce the sound "as you would hear it in the room", meaning "without microphone". IOW it doesn't add the room, it subtracts the mic you must have necessarily used in order to profile the cab. No room influence (in terms of freqs filter or ambience) comes into play. Which room exactly should the Profiler reproduce?

HTH