What are your absolute favourite Vox AC30/AC15 profile

• Hey all, I'm fairly new here and loving this forum.
    I'm wondering if anyone would like to chime in (ha) on there favourite Vox profiles. I'm interested in the TAF custom 30 for sure. I already have the mBritt from from pack II. Call it a Vox obsession.
    Definitely looking for the Lanois type vibe here.

• My def. favorite is the one from Pete's profiles , a 1965 AC30 model , lots of profile on this pack . I keep one of these in my 6 reference rigs when working on my own commercial packs when I need a fresh ear to some authentic profiles references. These profiles show the real power of the KPA to emulate the great jangle & chime you got from a real vintage cranked vox ... pure bliss

Well I used not to dig voxes that much , but this one .... ^^ I even used the 65' vox as a base rig for the rare live gis I attended. Also recorded tons of stuff with since it works so well on mixes for me (who stuff, funk, rock ...).

If you ever check this one be sure to test the wizard from the same vendor, another awesome profiling session with tons of hi gain tones.

• Here's short sound samples with andys UKRox Top 66. I realy love that fat low ends on the profiles.
    Sorry I am not a good guitar player. Hope you get an idea how it could sound:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Why hasn't any one mention top Jimi's AC30??, its kick ass
    check the video if you don't believe me

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• IMO all of the mentioned packs have their charms although TAF from pack2 has some of my favorites - the clean patch is something else. TAF had another crack at the Vox in TAF10 BTW - using new mic techniques.

One thing that is worth trying with these sets is swapping the cabs around. Eg put TAF's cabs on Pete's DI rigs and put TopJimi's cab with teh vintage speakers on any of the others - the range of tones expands considerably.

Don't forget Hays and R.U.Sirius (among other freebies) in the AC15/30 dept.

• I fount some old clips I forgot I've done , I did not remember it sounded so great (the amp not me ^^ ) :

a collection of clips from takes of one of my own track (all tones come from just one profile from Pete , #12 !!!) :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

a simple cheesy AC30 ballad with some slide parts :

• I fount some old clips I forgot I've done , I did not remember it sounded so great (the amp not me ^^ ) :

a collection of clips from takes of one of my own track (all tones come from just one profile from Pete , #12 !!!) :

a simple cheesy AC30 ballad with some slide parts :

Cheesy is good :thumbup: Nice playing and tone on both clips..