Diezel VH4 Lammert Custom Profile

• Everyone keeps asking me for a profile of this beast, so here you go...

This is a direct profile of the fourth channel of the Diezel VH4.

A profile does of course not replace the amp, it's merely a snapshot of the amp with these particular settings etc.

A huge part of the overall sound is also the cab and especially the miking (in this case a Mesa Rectifier 4x12, miked with an sm57).

So what you're really paying for is not a profile that replaces the amp, but miking and profiling skills of whoever created the profile...in this case me.

So if you like my taste in high gain tones and the way I set up amps and mic cabs, this one could be for you....

Here's a clip to check it out with several different guitars and tunings to show you that the profile will work for your guitar and your playing as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=LDCla6rbVdU

I'm aware that some people are selling bundles with lots of profiles for less than what I'm charging for this single profile...but I couldn't care less....mine's better ;)

So if you like this sound and wanna have it for your live gig or recording, this would be a way to get it...for much less than what you'd usually pay for reamping or a studio recording.

If you don't like it or think it's too expensive: you're welcome to just use this video as a reference clip of what the 4th channel of the VH4 sounds like through a Mesa cab...But if you go out of your way just to comment and complain about the price or sound I'll think you're a pathetic little twat with no life...and I'm still not gonna lose any sleep over it ;)

love you all :*

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152107531019

EDIT: since I don't expect anyone to read to the second page before they start whining, I decided to post some info about the pricing here as well:

k, here's some little info about pricing and why I'll never sell a profile for less than 50 (well, except for all the free ones I shared, lol).

As some of you might know my day job is being a music producer.
    Making records is not cheap, so bands (especially bands that don't have financial support from a label etc) are more and more looking to cut down on costs, which is totally understandable.
    One way to save some money but still get close to the professionally recorded guitar sound for your album is REAMPING, that means you record the guitar DI tracks at home or in a cheaper project studio and then have the engineer whom's guitar tones you like and want on your album reamp those DIs.
    Depending on how well known the engineer and how saught after his guitar tones are the price for such a reamping job ranges from about 200 to let's say about 500 (might be more) for just the rhythm guitars of one album.
    Now that is indeed rather cheap if it saves you about 3-5 full days in a studio to track your guitars with the engineer. It's also a fair pice considering that it's almost a full day of work and requires a lot of gear, well tuned rooms and some experience and knowledge (look up what a full day in a well equipped studio WITH a good engineer/poducer would usually cost!).
    So I think we have now established that let's say 300 is not too expensive for such an album reamping job (if you disagree with that, there's really no point in any further argument).

Now lets say the same client asks for a custom profile (I'm now talking about a true custom tailored one, using the DIs of the client etc), creating such a profile not only takes the same (or more!) amount of time, gear, rooms, knowledge, experience, that custom made profile also replaces not only that 300€ reamping job, but also potential future reamping jobs from the same client (if you want the same guitar sound on your next album). So considering all that it should be pretty obvious that such a true custom profile could never cost less than the reamping job it replaces.

Fair enough, this profile is not a true one-off custom tailored profile, but it still might cost me a couple of potential reamping jobs...and viewed from the other side: if this happens to be THE sound someone really wants on their album it might actually save them a lot of money. if 50 bucks is too pricey for you to have your favourite guitar sound on your album, you shouldn't record music in the first place.
    I don't say this is the perfcet sound for everyone, that would be beyond arrogant, but if it's not worth 50 bucks to you, you just don't buy it and look elsewhere.

There's actually one (not so) fun fact you maybe didn't consider...
    I'm being contacted about reampings on a rather regular basis (like I said, it's part of my job)...it's actually happening more and more now that I later hear from the client (or read on a forum) that some kid tries to undercut my price offering MY sounds... literally even saying that and mentioning my name in the process "Oh, Lasse charged you 300 for the album reamping? I'll do it for 150 instead, you'll still get Lasse's sound, cause I'm using his profiles to reamp your guitars" ... now THAT sounds like a bad joke, right?..sadly it isn't!
    So here I am spending tens of thousands for gear and rooms, perfecting the process of both miking and profiling and some kids actively contact my clients offering them to do it cheaper while still using my sounds (from their mom's basement).
    The guitar sound of an engineer is like his finger print, you'll always recognize an Andy Sneap, a Mark Lewis, a Colin Richardson etc.
    None of those guys would EVER share their profiles with you or anyone else...for a very good reason (cause it's NOT just a 57 in front of a Mesa cab, it's not that simple, else we'd all sound the same).
    I myself have been offered as much as 2000€ for a SINGLE profile from albums I produced (an offer that I of course refused, cause I am neither selling profiles of bands I'm working with, nor would I be re-using the same sound for another band)...but it maybe shows you that people are definitely willing to pay a lot of money to get THAT tone they're after...which is no surprise, really, you just have to have a look at how much people are paying for amps, cabs, guitars, pickups etc throughout their live, chasing THAT TONE.

With all that in mind it should be pretty clear why I will never sell my profiles for the amount of $ YOU think is fair. It should also be pretty clear that 50$ is indeed not expensive at all for what you potentially get.
    Either way you should now understand why at least I think so and why I'm not willing to discuss my princing policy any further.
    If this (or any other of my profiles) is not what you're looking for, I'd strongly advise you to not buy anyway, cause I want everyone who's using anything with my name on it to be happy.
    But if this IS exactly the tone you want on your record or you wanna play with and you think 50$ is too expensive to achieve your tone, you should maybe consider another hobby.
    Either way, the bottom line is: I have my reasons for the number I put on things, if you think it's not worth that much, just don't buy it...move on and stop wasting everyone's time.

But yeah..I don't think I really have to justify why I'm doing things the way I'm doing them...still, you now have your explaination, I seriously hope you'll be able to get some sleep now

Love

L

P.S. Additonal note:
    Not that anyone cares, but I actually bought and own these amps and cabs with actual money...I'm not just ordering them from Thomann/MF, profile them and then send them back to make a quick buck (which IMO is the lowest of the low anyway....unfortunately it seems to be common practice among some profile vendors here..sad)

• I'm confused as well. Description states a big part of the overall sound is the cabinet, but you say this is a direct profile which implies no cabinet.

This is a weird post. $50 for a single profile must be a joke, right?

Not that I'm "going out of my way to complain." I certainly wouldn't want to branded a "pathetic twat" by a complete stranger. I might lose sleep over that.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• I'm confused as well. Description states a big part of the overall sound is the cabinet, but you say this is a direct profile which implies no cabinet.

This is a weird post. $50 for a single profile must be a joke, right?

Not that I'm "going out of my way to complain." I certainly wouldn't want to branded a "pathetic twat" by a complete stranger. I might lose sleep over that.

On the 1 th of April we make jokes like this. Oh, sorry, it isnt the 1th of April. It only can be a joke. When i start reading the op i thougt there comes a free
    profile, and than this ebay link lol
    Maybe an effect of to much beer ;)

• I think its one Studio Profile, Diezel VH4

Mesa Rectifier 4x12, miked with an sm57

, the whole price is 50$ but 1$ for studio profile and 49$

So what you're really paying for is not a profile that replaces the amp, but miking and profiling skills of whoever created the profile...in this case me.

Stay Metal!

• I'm calling it, this is a joke. Nobody in their right mind would sell, or buy, a single profile for $50.00 regardless of who made it.

Right guys? RIGHT???

I would.

Not for this one cause I'm already happy with all the VH4 Direct Amp profiles I have, combined with cabs I made myself.
    But I'd totally buy profiles from certain producers/albums/productions for that price. Would be a huge bargain, even just from a learning POV.

• Well, no joke and all the infos you asked for are in the description.

this is about 10% of what I charge (and get) for a true one-off custom profile.
    not forcing anyone to buy, if you think it's too expensive.
    Btw, I charge about 300€ for an album reamping (which is still cheap), if this is THE sound you want, this 50$ profile replaces that reamping job and all future reampings a AND gives the client a profile to use live.

if you don't wanna fanny about with four million tones but are just looking for this one sound, 50$ is rather cheap if it gets you to the tone you like.
    but like I said...no need to complain about the price, there are still loads of options for you if you feel that your tone or my work isn't worth 50 bucks.

I hope that concludes the questions about the pricing.

if you want any other info, feel free to ask and I'll reply as soon and detailed as possible

cab is of course included and can be used with any preexisting amp profiles (it's in the description though).

• this 50$ profile replaces that reamping job and all future reampings a AND gives the client a profile to use live.

So you mean that with no other tweaks this profile is 100% ready for reamping and live use, too? So mix-ready profiles can also be live-ready profiles? It's the first time i read someone here claim this.

50$ is rather cheap if it gets you to the tone you like."

And how can we decide if this is the tone we like? From a youtube video? And how about the feeling in hands while playing? Most commercial profile sellers give some free profiles from commercial packs for testing. Also how would you compare this profile to the free profiles pack you released before?

cab is of course included and can be used with any preexisting amp profiles (it's in the description though).

You still haven't answered clearly the question about this profile...so, is this a merged profile? There are 3 types of kemper profiles, studio, direct amp and merged. Do you know the difference between them? If not you better find it out.

• Quote from metalmike

So you mean that with no other tweaks this profile is 100% ready for reamping and live use, too? So mix-ready profiles can also be live-ready profiles? It's the first time i read someone here claim this.

well, have a look at Accept, Saxon, Amon amarth, Trivium, Hell, Carcass, Whitechapel etc...they're using the studio profiles live.
    Despised Icon, Ole Drake etc are using my studio profiles live as well (among MANY others), and so do I...maybe that's what seperates a good profile ftom a not so good one...I don't know, I'm not using other people's profiles.
    I'm using mine live and in the studio without any issues.

Quote from metalmike

And how can we decide if this is the tone we like? From a youtube video? And how about the feeling in hands while playing? Most commercial profile sellers give some free profiles from commercial packs for testing.

well, I don't.
    like I said multiple times...if you don't think it's worth 50$ just don't buy it, it's really that simple, just stop wasting our time with argueing, just use other profiles and move on..it really is that simple

Quote from metalmike

You still haven't answered clearly the question about this profile...so, is this a merged profile? There are 3 types of kemper profiles, studio, direct amp and merged. Do you know the difference between them? If not you better find it out.

Yes, I do know the difference...
    I've clearly stated that it's a direct profile of the Diezel VH4 and a Mesa 4x12 cab.
    which becomes a "merged" profile as soon as you hit the "merge cab" button.
    If it would be a "studio profile" I'd not have said that it's a direct profile of the amp with a Mesa 4x12 cab...

I find it puzzling and irritating that the amount of money I choose to charge for MY work excites you so much that you decide to go out of your way and keep arguing.
    if 50$ is too much for you, just move on...simple as that.

That's all I have to say about it really, I'd rather spend my time talking to the people who are genuinly interested.
    Have a nice day

• I find it puzzling and irritating that the amount of money I choose to charge for MY work excites you so much that you decide to go out of your way and keep arguing.
    if 50$ is too much for you, just move on...simple as that.

Pardon me, but you were the one who reference pricing right in your first post. You acknowledge the price is way more than most of us ever pay for profiles, so clearly you anticipated there would be a discussion. Don't bait the hook and then act surprised that the fish are biting.

• In case anyone missed it the first time.