Red Sound RS-LG12 review

• This is the Red Sound official test

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yep you can choose between black, white & green which matches the KPA. as you already know, style is uber-important in music ;)

Hi pamplemousse.

The RS-LG12 looks really great and sounds great! Red Sound
    Also Mirko is a very nice person!
    The active cabinet cost 890,00€ + shipping cost

One question!
    Do you activate "Monitor Cab Off" like playing through a real guitar cab (Mono Monitor Output)
    Or do you use the simulated cabs of each profiles, like through a FRFR (Mono Monitor Output)

Actually I play live a Yamaha DRX10 (via Monitor Out of the KPA), which is really great
    I use the Stereo Mains only for the FOH!

Now I am looking for a good sounding - and cool looking solution for small stages or small clubs. ;)

Piet

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• Hey Piet, I leave cab sim on. The LG12 is flat enough to allow proper cab emulation. Cab off (or direct profiles if you forget to add a cab) sound very harsh, ear aggression.

LG12 would work well as a cab for small venues and as a monitoring solution for larger ones, not the most linear for tweaking your sound if you are a noodler (I ain't) but it always sound good

• Hey Piet, I leave cab sim on. The LG12 is flat enough to allow proper cab emulation. Cab off (or direct profiles if you forget to add a cab) sound very harsh, ear aggression.

LG12 would work well as a cab for small venues and as a monitoring solution for larger ones, not the most linear for tweaking your sound if you are a noodler (I ain't) but it always sound good

Hey pamplemousse!
    Great!
    Thanks a lot.
    I think the LG12 is the perpect active cab for me, imo!!!
    Flat enough for the cab emulation, looks cool (esp. the green one), and sounds great!

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• No coaxial speaker, indeed it's only one ceramic speaker.
    As the website says: A cabinet with woofer RED SOUND DC ceramic, Full Range 12 " with emission system TR/OE = Total Response/Only Emission.

The TR/OE system allows you to have a very wide sound stage, and may at this point is a fixed point of listening, the intensity and definition remain unchanged at any volume.

• Hmmmm... so it's just a simple 12" speaker with a wider, more neutral frequency response. Sort of a GRFR.

Right now I'm running my KPA into a 4x12 half-stack at rehearsal, and I'm facing the problem that my drummer hears me too loud, the bass player the same. Me (i'm standing right in front of the speaker but my head is too high) I just hear the bass and some middle frequencies of my guitar and the other guitar player (stands about 9 feet to the left of my box) does not hear me at all.

I wonder if that Red Sound box can solve this? Or if it will be the exact same problem...?
    Can anybody help me with this?

• Hmmmm... so it's just a simple 12" speaker with a wider, more neutral frequency response. Sort of a GRFR.

Right now I'm running my KPA into a 4x12 half-stack at rehearsal, and I'm facing the problem that my drummer hears me too loud, the bass player the same. Me (i'm standing right in front of the speaker but my head is too high) I just hear the bass and some middle frequencies of my guitar and the other guitar player (stands about 9 feet to the left of my box) does not hear me at all.

I wonder if that Red Sound box can solve this? Or if it will be the exact same problem...?
    Can anybody help me with this?

The LG12 solves this problem. In the above video there is a test in different angles. The sound that perceives your ear in all positions is always the same. The cabinet can be grounded without being lifted.

• I just ordered a Redsound RS-LG12 @ Thomann. They are on back-order, so I will have to wait a week or two. I am really stocked...

I first ordered a Laney Irt-x (at another shop in Belgium), but when I saw that Thomann sold them I cancelled that and ordered a Redsound right away (well, after some days head- scratching and pondering)...

I am very curious...I once tried the digital route with a Line6 X3Live and a pair of Yamaha stagepass speakers and that went not that well (that's also a long time ago)...

I hope (and I guess) this will be a better solution.