Red Sound RS-LG12 review

• Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Zappledan. I don't remember if I introduced myself properly before, haha. If there is a special sub-forum for this, I did probably, but I'm not sure. Anyway: thanks. Just scratching the surface of the Kemper. I used to be a tech nerd, but I am experiencing some resistance to "new stuff I have to learn" lately, so it's a bumpy road...Too many options/ choices...But I will get there eventually.

• I bought the speaker and I can only say good things about it. It is loud, it can handle the bass and it has very clear representation of effects, like reverb and delay. I think it does change the sound a bit, so I had to change my profiles and I like some now, I did not like before. Before I was playing my Kemper on Yamaha DXR speakers, but I like my sounds and playing now a lot more. :)

Can only recommend it to others!

• any more opinions on the Red Sound? Laney has introduced a new active cab, Line 6 another, so it seems we are getting more options by the minute! I am curious about rhe Laney 112. Cheaper at least.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I just ordered a red sound passive lg12 Stack Version. (using powered Kemper) After contacting RedSound they told me that the shipment is free now for limited time.

I was not really satisfied with the sound of my passive 1x12 Vox cab. Was okay, but headphone always sounded better.

I will share my experience as soon as I get it.

• I just ordered a red sound passive lg12 Stack Version. (using powered Kemper) After contacting RedSound they told me that the shipment is free now for limited time.

I was not really satisfied with the sound of my passive 1x12 Vox cab. Was okay, but headphone always sounded better.

I will share my experience as soon as I get it.

THANK YOU! We need more reviews about this speaker because I cannot find a negative review. Everyone who has it says it's great. That's either a testament of the quality or that simply not enough of a sample of people have tried it.

I would buy one right now but I am still paying the Kemper itself off (lol).

You should create a thread and do some updated ongoing reviews when you get it.

• In 2.5 years I have been playing it i have not been disappointed, or i should rather say I’ve been always pleased. Like with amps, the louder the better.

The only drawback I can say is that I don’t carry it to rehearsals as we don’t have our own place where we can leave stuff. in small rental boxes (we are a power trio), PAs on their stands at head height are better for sound diffusion.

Cheers

• I'm very interested in a detailed comparison to other similar speakers. I tried one at the weekend at a guitar show.

My comments (after 5 minutes trial)

- Very amp like sound (but without a back to back test it's hard to tell if it's better or worse than any other)

- Very wide dispersion - it sounded the same from an almost 90 degree angle

- Looks just right in green with a green kemper on top, but doesn't look very 'boutique' i.e. I'm not sure I'd have it in my living room, but then a PA style speaker is worse in that regard

Overall, I was impressed and would love to hear it up against the usual suspects