Which tube amps do you still love and use - even after owning the Kemper?

• I wonder which tube amps you guys still use - and why.

I have changed my gear a lot ofter getting the KPA - but also still love tube amps - and constantly update my small collection.

Currently do I own 7 tube amps (4 heads and 3 combos)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Interesting idea for a thread. I've thought of posting a kind of mirror image: Which amp would you now buy, based on your experience with the Kemper?

Now that I know what so many other amps sound like, I'm tempted to get rid of expensive vintage amps which I used to think I liked and will probably never use again (since I actually don't).

• I still love my 73 Fender Pro Reverb to death, and I still use it for one of my bands. But I wish I could figure out how to make the Kemper the right amp for that situation (I did use it on a number of album tracks)

I use the Kemper for every other musical adventure.

• My Fender 57 deluxe and my Fender EC Twinolux are two that are keepers. I am still looking for the right Marshall. I do have a couple of 1w amps (Offset and JMP). The mini Jubille is interesting.

• My twin reverb, supposedly used by Savoy Brown (can't prove it though - band name stencil painted on back of amp). Great sound. Amazing sound should I say. ;)
    after playing with the kemper, if I had to buy another amp, would be a two-rock matt schofield.

• I kept my H&K Tubemeister18 Head since it's versatile, takes pedals well and has an integrated RedBox and power attenuation which is great for home use when I have friends over. I don't use it much though, I play it mostly when I feel guilty seeing it collecting dust...

• Still I have aH&K Tubemeister 36 and a Mesa Boogie Caliber 50.
    But they are now unemployed and are dreaming in the cellar for better times.
    The voice of my wife while asking me friendly to sell becomes louder and louder ^^

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Still like my Fender Deluxe Reverb and my Mesa Boogie Express Plus 5:50. Play on those quite a bit as I like to work with pedals. No recording though with the tube amps.

• As a new Kemper user.. I'm in that looking at my amps/pedals and deciding what I can sell stage.

EVH 5150 III is gone.. love that profile on the Kemper.
    THX10 is gone.. Kemper is perfect for practicing.

Waffling on my JCM800 4103.. I know I should sell it.
    There are tons of great JCM 800 profiles out there.
    But its a JCM800.. it just oozes rock.
    On the other hand.. its worth good coin.
    Sigh.. first world problems.

• I still have my AC30TB. One of the first of the early 90's reissues when they were still built true to the original schematics, which is why I still have it; it inherited the originals' tendency to blow tubes and fuses for no reason, so is sitting in storage, broken.

• I wonder which tube amps you guys still use - and why.

I have changed my gear a lot ofter getting the KPA - but also still love tube amps - and constantly update my small collection.

Currently do I own 7 tube amps (4 heads and 3 combos)

Did you find it impossible to achieve DI profiles from the heads that completely matches the sound if played thru the same cabs (through the powered output) ?
    I have heard A/Bs of DI profiles mic'd up sounding identical to the real head mic'd up before.
    Or do you keep the heads for another reason ?

• I simply love tube amps - the sound, look and smell of them.

Its the same as with automatic watches - compered to digital ones.

Love the Kemper for easy to useness and all kinds of recording.

... and during my profile sessions I learn which amps are great for me "in real"

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• one more tube amp is currently build for me by Andy Fuchs and his team