Kemper Remote slow boot

• Why does the remote take so long to power up? It feels as slow as an old mainframe, and that for a box handling just a handful buttons and a rather basic display. My profiler has about 800 rigs installed so it takes a while to boot, but the remote needs an additional 15-20 seconds before it is ready. The profilers boot-time could possibly be reduced significantly with the introduction of journaling filesystems, but booting the remote shouldn't involve much more than loading a firmware image from NVRAM and som very basic hardware initialisation and testing. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect it to start in less than 5 sec. I've been involved in the development of embedded devices that use rather complex unix kernels for scheduling, but are stripped from unnecessary processes and user-space applications, and as a result take only fractions of a second to power up. Is the Kemper remote running some desktop-monstrosity of an operating-system?

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• Too me it looks like the Kemper boots up completely and only then is concerned about the remote and tells it to boot. Maybe this could be done parallel since the remote seems to have it's own software?

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12