Pedals your Kemper can't replace?

• Playing with my new Kemper rack + remote. Looks like I can sell pretty much all my pedals
    and use what is built in. So that'll free up some guitar cash:)

What pedals can't you replace with the Kemper? There must be some high quality pedals
    you feel the Kemper versions just can't compare to?

• While I make it work without pedals, I'd say something like a Strymon Timeline or an Eventide Timefactor can't be replaced. Also, an EHX Hog. Something like a WMD Geiger Counter (bit crusher) would be hard to replace as well.

• Personally, I find that I cannot get a decent, thick flanger effect out of the KPA. It may just be that I'm useless, but there are way too many parameters on most of the inbuilt fx, that it's easy to go in the wrong direction. Consequently, I let my Eventide handle the flanger and it does so excellently.

• Analog man comprosser or klon. I don't mind the fx in the Kemper generally, but given that I only use it for recording, I don't really have to use them.
    The comp and klon add such a unique vibe that it's useful to keep them handy.

• Really depends on your use and music style obviously. For me, I'm totally happy with profiles that already have eq candy boosts (ie. Klon, Timmy, EP boosts, etc, etc) captured. The music style I play doesn't rely on "specialty" fx for the band sound, but I can't see the Kemper replacing the unique (and awesome) sounds you can get out of effects like a Pog, an analog bitcrusher working hard, and a classic touchy fuzz. Specialty delays are also not quite there imo. I'm still holding onto (but don't use live) my much loved Eventide Timefactor as it can do many things the KPA delay fx can not.

• Personally, I find that I cannot get a decent, thick flanger effect out of the KPA. It may just be that I'm useless, but there are way too many parameters on most of the inbuilt fx, that it's easy to go in the wrong direction. Consequently, I let my Eventide handle the flanger and it does so excellently.

+1
    I searched for the great airplane flange effect of paul gilbrts airplane flanger. No chance to get this effect with the kpa.

• Though not necessarily a pedal (although Catalinbread make an exceptional one), I still miss spring reverb. I also miss my Strymon El Capitan for mangled-sounding delay, but it's kind of a specialty effect, I know, and it sounds like the delays coming in FW 5 will fill my needs.

• For me, I would like to try Kemper version of KORG MIKU STOMP :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like the OneDS stomp, with these settings: (kinda ZVex BoxOfRock)
    drive: 0.1
    tone: -1.5
    volume: +0.4

The other overdrive/distortions stomps, sounds like there is a filter on the sound.

I didnt tested those fuzz-stomps (Muffin and FuzzDS) yet.

About the boosters:
    - I like the PureBooster and the WahPedalBooster
    - The TrebleBooster and LeadBooster sounds like there is a filter on the sound.

• I run my Nitrogen 21 color fuzz in front or loop in my KPA. I did not try to replicate it or profile it with the KPA but it's just much more handy for me to use that pedal on my desk while recording as I use it as a boost, band filter, dist or fuzz on the fly while recording. It's nice to go analog as well, with that dirty vibe, and lots of profile seem to behave very good with the pedal in front.

• I still run my Xotic SP Comp & Xotic EP Booster (both in the back of my rack on all the time), Digitech Drop and Xotic BB Preamp. I haven't been able to get the BB Preamp sound out of the Kemper drives. The separate Bass & Treble knobs offer a different sound than I can get out of the Kemper ones. The SP comp & EP Booster also just seem to work better with little to no adjustments needed. The Digitech drop is far superior for dropping pitch, I only need to go down 1 semitone for live on some songs. The Kemper one has a weird synthesized sound to it. I use all the Kemper FX though, they work great for what I need.

Oh yeah...and I have one of the Digitech Freqout pedals coming when they are released in April!

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• A bump for this thread. I'm interested in seeing whether I can get a pedal that can top the Kemper for a one or two octave transpose either up or down.

How does the Kemper transpose sound vis-a-vis the EHX Pog or Pog 2? I tried one yesterday and was impressed with the tracking with chords. Also, it's interesting to have more than one transpose working at one time.

What about straight ahead transpose? Digitech Drop? EHX Pitchfork? A Whammy? Something else?

• A bump for this thread. I'm interested in seeing whether I can get a pedal that can top the Kemper for a one or two octave transpose either up or down.

How does the Kemper transpose sound vis-a-vis the EHX Pog or Pog 2? I tried one yesterday and was impressed with the tracking with chords. Also, it's interesting to have more than one transpose working at one time.

What about straight ahead transpose? Digitech Drop? EHX Pitchfork? A Whammy? Something else?

I use the Digitech Drop for 1 & 2 semitone drops. The Kemper transpose has a weird synth/fake sound to it and really lags. The Drop pedal has barely any noticable lag and sounds great to a full step down.

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• I use the Digitech Drop for 1 & 2 semitone drops. The Kemper transpose has a weird synth/fake sound to it and really lags. The Drop pedal has barely any noticable lag and sounds great to a full step down.

You find that the Kemper sounds fake even with 1 or 2 semitones pitch shifts? Or at least, less fake than the Drop? That's pretty interesting. I always though the Kemper sounds pretty good, but I was looking to build some kind of analog board as an alternative to the Kemper for certain gigs, so hunting for good pedals.