[Northern Profiles] Fargen Mighty Plex MKII profiles!

• Greetings!

My first commercial profile pack is now available, from the heart of Norway! The first one is also a great one, the almighty Fargen Mighty Plex MKII. It has three modes: 60's, 70's and 80's, respectably JTM45, Plexi Super Lead and JCM800. It is not "nah, close enough" but the actual circuits! The 70's and 80's are very accurate, the 60's is more like a modded JTM45 or more vintage voiced Plexi. The profiles range from clean to high gain, both unboosted and boosted with a Keeley modded Ibanez TS808. All DI/merged profiles were made with the official Kemper DI Box.

31 are merged and 31 are pure studio profiles, all mic'd through a Celestion Creamback 65M-loaded Zilla Modern 2x12" cabinet, with a Shure SM7b. The merged profiles have been tested with the Powerhead through the very same cab and they are absolutely stellar! And because they are merged, you can apply your own IRs if you decide my micing isn't for you. :) The profiles are 100 kr, or a little bit more than 10€ as an introduction offer! Hope you like them!

[Blocked Image: https://images.bigcartel.com/p…uto=format&fit=max&w=1000]

You can find the profiles here

Edited 3 times, last by Alfi27 ().

• Finally made some clips! Please tell me what you think :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The clips are out now. I used these profiles exclusively at band practice tonight, and I can tell you that the first boosted 80's mode profile (cranked JCM800) is worth the 10€ alone! Sits really nice in the mix. Hope you will enjoy these profiles as much as me :)

• The profiles sound amazing. I can speak from experience as I have a Fargen Mighty Plex MK2 here in my music room. The profiles are legit. Thank you for saving me the hours of prep and profiling. Highly recommended.

• Hello again guys, hope you who have bought the profiles are happy with them! An update: if you find the profiles a little dark, please do not tweak the EQ on the front, but rather adjust the definition knob. Especially the higher gain profiles (without TS) became much, much better with definition at 7-7,5! They are also a lot more realistic that way. The 60's and 70's nr 5 (no TS) in particular are great turning up the definition. I have also attached a document showing the settings of the different profiles! The amp's knobs go to 11 so... :D

• I purchased this pack and while it has lots of goodness going on, the cabs are a bit too dark, at least in my opinion. Especially the low gain ones.

Adding too much definition or treble and presence makes profiles sound a little unnatural. Plus there is not much you can do if there isn't much hi-mids to boost in the first place.

I don't have personal experience with Creambacks, but I have heard that they are rather dark sounding speakers. Maybe, say G12H 30 or V30 would work better?

The DI parts of these profiles are very good, and I got very good results using IRs with them.

• I am sorry the micing was not for you, they work best with brighter guitars I have found too. The Creambacks are well balanced speakers, but I found them too harsh or shrill with the mic closer to the center. Early July I will get a new 1x12" cab with Creamback 75 (very similar to G12H30) or V30, so I might update the pack with some extras :)

• The Cabs are always going to be dark as he is from Norway :D.
    Its EASY fixed with merged profiles, going to give them a go my friend, can i ask did you use single coils for any of these
    or just HB's?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• These profiles sound pretty good - quite a range of very usable Marshall tones. As far as the cab goes, the Bloody Rocka set uses similar Creamback 65's in a quadbox but the mic used was a condenser (MC-200) I believe. The BR cab is quite a bit brighter and works well with the merged profiles as do others I tried. I guess adding another mic with a more extended top end (condenser or ribbon) and placing one of the mics closer to the cap would give a brighter sound.

• The Cabs are always going to be dark as he is from Norway :D.
    Its EASY fixed with merged profiles, going to give them a go my friend, can i ask did you use single coils for any of these
    or just HB's?

Ash

Haha! I did use my P90 equipped Les Paul Special DC to refine some of the profiles (cannot remember which ones though), but for the clips I used a Les Paul Standard DC only. And you are totally right, merged profiles can easily be tweaked! Which is why I always prefer merged profiles. :)

I do have a condenser mic (Blue Reactor) but I did not get very pleasent results with it. It is a very natural and good sounding microphone for vocals and acoustic guitar, but with the overdriven tones from this amp it was just thin and shrill imo. I might do some more experimenting like I said, with my new cab when I get it etc. Any eventual updates will be given to you who have already bought the pack, and of course any new customers! :)

• P90s can sound harsh and Greenbacks dark, so perhaps since the profiles where made with this combination they may sound too dark with humbuckers. Not having tried them, I'm just guessing. Promising work, I think

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Thought I would give these another mention. I find them very useful for blues and rock tones. Bear in mind the mention of definition tweaks above in this thread if you want a bit more brightness but I find these great with single coils and HBs as they are.