First live gig with Kemper

• Hello all,

This Friday I am playing my first live gig with my Kemper Powered version Amp. I am very nervous its not going to sound the way it does during my bands practice. Everytime I plug my Kemper into my PA at home, (Just a 500w head with 2 cheap wedge monitors), it loses its tone drastically. This Friday I am hoping to plug directly into the venues PA system & yes its a real PA system with a real sound guy. I am still nervous that it wont sound as good as it SHOULD.

ANY TIPS FOR YOUR FIRST LIVE GIG WITH THE KEMPER?!??!

Thanks for the help in advanced.

• First, trust in your Kemper and tone. Second, trust the sound man. Third, do whatever possible to allow plenty of time at soundcheck and make sure you can hear yourself (guitar/kemper) clearly through the monitor. If you have the luxury of two monitors for your use, have one solely for your Kemper and the second for mix. You'll do fine.

• Thanks guys! I plan on going XLR right to the FOH. And also using a Cab on stage for that kind of "head and cab" feel.

Nevertheless, make sure cab is activated for every rig and "monitor cab off" is activated for your on stage cab. :D

1. Most people set their master output to -15dB and master mono.

2. Don't worry...the KPA will sound great

3. Have fun

That's right! Have fun!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• If you use a personal monitor for your Profiler connected to its Monitor out, unlink the Main out level from the Master volume so that it will only affect your monitoring.

Also, many desks have the mic pres automatically switched on when they sense an XLR connection. Check if they can be dialled out and tell the man that "this is a line level that comes from a DI"

:)

Have fun!

• Thanks guys! I plan on going XLR right to the FOH. And also using a Cab on stage for that kind of "head and cab" feel.

Are you using a guitar cab at band practice? Have you also listened to the sounds via PA or any full range system other than yours at home? The bad sound at home might be a problem connected to cab sims you don't like (you don't hear them while playing with a guitar cab).
    Try to find a cabsim which fits your needs.

If you are practicing with a full range system and it sounds good there, you can ignore this comment.

• I only have been practicing with it through a 2x12 with greenbacks but have the cab simulator on. When I hook it up to FOH, I know Im going to need to have the cab simulator on.

Do I need to change anything in the output menu?

Settings currently are Master output is set to Master stero, and master volume output is about 13dB.