Yamaha HS8 or DXR10 for new user?

• Looking to get something that will give a good representation of the Kemper. I understand the differences for application, but don't want to limit my volume by getting the HS8's, but that's just a guess if it may even be an issue.
    It will be for home use, no playing out/live application, so am wondering if the DXR10's will be overkill....any advice would be helpful.

• I use the DX10's live and for home jammin' ! Its a small enough speaker so as not to be intrusive at home, gets down to "home" volume no problem. The DXR10's have quite a high regard from Kemper users as it gives a good representation of the Kemper profiles. A good choice.

• Well I got the HS7 and really love them , they are loud enough for my big room and very convenient for mixing / noodling/ recording / profiling

The DXR might be more versatile and you could use them for rehearsals, gigs and garden home parties as well, something I would never do with my HS7.

• If the use is limited for home - then go HS8... they represent the Kemper perfectly (I had em).
    The DXR10 seem overkill to me for strictly home use.

thats kind of what I was thinking, but didn't want them to "fart out" if I gave them some push, which is my main concern(along with good sonic representations)

• They definitely will not fart out.
    Of course, don't expect them to deliver the push of a 4x12 blowing in your back... But they will definitely get loud, give you an accurate sonic representation of the KPA, give you stereo depth (you're missing out if you go with a mono speaker) and be totally silent (no audible hiss on these)...
    I can wholeheartedly recommend the HS-8s!

I would not go DXR10 unless I wanted speakers to go for rehearsal as well (HS-8's would not be optimal there).

• I had many monitors, ended up with great Neumans KH120A. But since I got Yamaha DXR10 I am enjoying playing guitar through Kemper like never before. It sits on the floor as a wedge and gives lot of punch and cab feel, which even 8" monitors couldn't deliver.

No problem with using it with home volumes. It just adds another dimension to the stereo sound of my monitors.

• I have the HS8s.. and the Alto 212a's.
    The HS8's are plenty for home/practice use. .

The alto's are great also.. just at really low volumes they just dont sound as nice as the HS8's.
    They do have more bass response though.. but thats to be expected.. 12" speaker vs 8".

• If you go HS8 route, I suggest don't buy sub later, it is useless without speakers. Buy DXR10 or something similar, which will add another dimension (and punch) to your stereo + you can use it on its own with guitar.