Official Bag Has Damaged My Kemper... Very Angry!!

• I am extremely angry and annoyed about what has happened to my Kemper! Having purchased a Kemper Profiler and wanting to look after it the best I can, I decided to purchase the official Kemper bag. The bag is quite expensive but I always look after my gear and I always purchase good cases to protect my equipment, so I decided to go for the official bag.

Whilst walking from my car to the venue last night, I had the Kemper Bag over my shoulder using the shoulder strap. To my horror, one of the "high quality metal fittings for the shoulder belt" broke and my Kemper fell to the floor. I now have a bag with a hole punched in the bottom from the Profiler and a damaged corner of my Profiler, not to mention the damage that might have been done inside the Profiler due to the sudden impact with the floor.

If I had not transported my Profiler in the bag and carefully placed it in my car whenever I took it to a gig, I would now have an undamaged Profiler. As you can see from the photo attached, the metal used to make the fitting is in no way strong enough to hold the unit as I have now found out. If a strap comes with a bag, it must be strong enough to hold the contents that it is designed to hold!

Has this happened to anybody else? Does anybody know where I stand on this issue as the defective bag that was designed for use with the Kemper has caused my Profiler to be damaged?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated and angry about this as my equipment is always very well looked after and I hate damage of any sort.

• Sorry to hear that :(

I have one of those bags for about 4 years now. It has always worked fine without any issue.I am very surprised that the Kemper got damaged as mine has been dropped , kicked , squashed etc... over the years without any issue to the KPA.

It sounds like it was a point load ? As in it fell on something sharp sticking up ? what did it fall on?

• Thanks everyone. I will contact support as suggested.
    @Robman - It fell onto the path near my car. It didn't fall onto anything sharp, the corner of the Profiler punched a hole in the bottom of the bag and hit the pavement. I just wish I hadn't used the shoulder strap, but that is what it should be designed for!

• I just sent a message to support on the Kemper site. Still seething....

Bad news and i understand that youre more than angry. Dont know if kemper is the right one to claim because its not made by kemper, but the support from kemper is awesome and i hope they will solve your problem. Many thx to share it because i also use this bag and i have a look on it.

Cheers
    Frank

• Dont know if kemper is the right one to claim because its not made by kemper

They ARE the right ones to contact - they should know about any quality issues from their suppliers. Otherwise, it'll be MY kemper next time!
    They might tell you to contact the seller and sort it out with them, though. That's often the "official" channel for complaints, due to contracts, legislation and whatnot. Hopefully it will get sorted to your full satisfaction either way.

• FWIW, the bags from 4 or 5 years ago could have been made by a completely different manufacturer, or with different components. I have no idea.....just saying......Lot's of things were made better 4 or 5 years ago....

• They ARE the right ones to contact - they should know about any quality issues from their suppliers. Otherwise, it'll be MY kemper next time!
    They might tell you to contact the seller and sort it out with them, though. That's often the "official" channel for complaints, due to contracts, legislation and whatnot. Hopefully it will get sorted to your full satisfaction either way.

This.

• This sux big time. It can always happen that a certain part is faulty and made it through quality control. But it should be covered by the manufacturar somehow. I would contact them friendly to see how they react. But I would also tell them that the community is watching this. Might be our KPAs next time. Their product didn't hold up to what is its one and only purpose - and that caused a damage. There is a law for that, I just don't know if that is limited to warranty time with these kind of products though.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited 2 times, last by Fireloogie ().

• Their product didn't hold up to what is it's one and only purpose - and that caused a damage.

As far as I know - for intended use it's possible to ask for following cost in case of a functional fault.
    But maybe you would need a lawer ;)
    I can imagine that Kemper would react in a good way if they are asked politly.

I am quite sure that this thread has been read by Kemper staff, but for me it would not be professional, if they react here for this matter.
    Make a support ticket - you have nothing to loose if you do.

• I am quite sure that this thread has been read by Kemper staff, but for me it would not be professional, if they react here for this matter.
    Make a support ticket - you have nothing to loose if you do.

Yes :)

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Thanks everyone. Kemper have responded and asked for photos of the damage, which I have sent to them. I would be very interested to know what happens when a case or bag designed to protect a product fails and causes damage to that product, not just in this situation but in general.

• UPDATE

The sales team at Kemper have been very helpful and are sending me a replacement bag. I am also returning my profiler to be repaired and checked over. They have also offered to send me a Kemper DI-box as a compensation for the hassle. I am also able to borrow a profiler whilst mine is being repaired as I am extremely busy gigging and recording so cannot be without it.

After checking, they have not heard of such an issue before so I presume I have just been unlucky. I have read many times that Kemper are a very good company when it comes to customer service and this is a great example of that service. Thanks Kemper sales team!