Official Bag Has Damaged My Kemper... Very Angry!!

• Hopefully I do not put oil in the fire. ;)
    In the steel industry, we called the non-ferrous additives as Alloy, which were added to the steel before melting to become special steels.
    If this was the really science designation I never had proved.

• When you put a force to "metal" piece it will curve not break. Depending on the remaining ingredients of alloy the characteristics change in the field of electric conductivity, plasticity, elasticity, density. I have witnessed many times when these "looked like metal" thingies have been breaking and when you see at the structure closely it is different from piece of metal cut by hacksaw.

Correct, BrotherSkocz, but... that was not the point. Nobody's questioning characteristics.

I was responding to the fact that you said, "The thing is that these little parts are not metal but alloy! That's why they're prone to brake."

This statement implies that alloys are not metals. They're of course metal alloys, so technically you left that critical word "metal" out of the sentence, which would've made it look to someone who didn't know better that "alloy" meant something other than metal. You know, like an obscure type of plastic or something.

I was saying it more for the sake of someone who didn't know; I didn't doubt that you knew, especially because you demonstrated a knowledge of alloys when you said that they're more prone to break (i.e. that they're more brittle).

• Pot metal is used a lot. Extremely porous. Inexpensive junk.
    I don't have a KPA bag but I have seen these connectors made out of pot metal.

Pot metal in general has a low melting point so it is easier and less expensive to create parts.

Really like seeing the service you are getting. I would of been livid myself.

• I'm using the Kemper bag, and it is on the spendy side. Two things concern me about it; most importantly the shoulder strap looks entirely too small/weak for the weight of the bag and Kemper. I have other rack bags of smaller size that have more substantial webbing in the strap. With mine, the shoulder pad often tries to rotate when I place it on my shoulder. I'm actually looking for a replacement strap that is a bit more beefy, but it will also need a metal fitting that is compatible with the curve in the strap fittings on the bag itself.

The other concern is the use of velcro on the side pockets in place of latches. That has proven to not work well as the velcro can easily come loose and allow items to fall out. Most other expensive bags have latches, and they won't open unless you want them to.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed in the Kemper bag. I have an old Dell bag for a 14" screen laptop that is far more ruggedly made; the strap is 3X beefier in every way than anything on the Kemper bag. The Kemper bag is the only disappointment I have had with anything Kemper related. If there was another compatible bag I'd use it; I only take it out of the house twice a week so a rack case might be a bit of overkill.

• If it is the same as with the starter of the thread then it will be the green part but not on the clamp side but to the other end where it is turning inside the hanger for the strap. There it is especially thin.. If anyone wants to make sure about that go to a doit-yourself store an buy chain links to screw on. They'll never let go rather than anythings else on the bag.

skoczy: Your fact is true for forged or bent metals but not always for cast parts. These are rather brittle and can contain air inclusions where no material is so the tend to break there. And this happens even more at bottleneck-thin places.

• If it is the same as with the starter of the thread then it will be the green part but not on the clamp side but to the other end where it is turning inside the hanger for the strap. There it is especially thin.. If anyone wants to make sure about that go to a doit-yourself store an buy chain links to screw on. They'll never let go rather than anythings else on the bag.

skoczy: Your fact is true for forged or bent metals but not always for cast parts. These are rather brittle and can contain air inclusions where no material is so the tend to break there. And this happens even more at bottleneck-thin places.

Good advice @Nightwish2. I would change this clip system immediately to metal one, or simply secure existing one with small chain which has break point of 800kg for 5mm diameter:

[Blocked Image: https://s29.postimg.org/z1zhrwc8n/ch1.jpg]

Just expect unexpected.

• I was just about to buy the bag for my profiler plus soon-to-come remote plus Mission pedal.
    Oh lord, now I'm not to sure... is the shoulder strap safe now or not? (I have weak hands these days and was hoping to lug it around my shoulder)

Is it officially *not safe* now to get the Kemper bag for the un-powered toaster plus remote to carry using the shoulder strap?

• I was just about to buy the bag for my profiler plus soon-to-come remote plus Mission pedal.
    Oh lord, now I'm not to sure... is the shoulder strap safe now or not? (I have weak hands these days and was hoping to lug it around my shoulder)

Is it officially *not safe* now to get the Kemper bag for the un-powered toaster plus remote to carry using the shoulder strap?

I use my Kemper bag to transport my Kemper, Ambrosi ATM-70 (adds about 2 1/2 kilos), Remote, 2 expressions and a Line6 G10 and cables. It's stuffed to bursting point. In fact, one of the seams has split slightly and overall it is generally worse for wear. The shoulder strap hasn't given in on me yet, but logic says that the weak points pointed out in the pic above are the ones to worry about. I'll probably get something to reinforce those points soon, but the bag itself might give in before then...! It has seen a lot of action.

The bag itself seems sturdy, the strap also won't break apart, but as @sambrox noticed the weakest link is this clip system between strap and bag.
    If you don't want to change it stainless steel parts, you can simply buy a stainless steel chain, which costs fraction of the bag and fraction of the fraction of Kemper.
    Then you can wrap this chain around the ears of bag and strap and connect it using nuts and bolts:

[Blocked Image: https://s24.postimg.org/kjjscesv9/secure1.jpg]