Can you lock out switches on remote?

• is is it possible to lock out switches 2-5 on the remote so you can't accidentally switch your rig when playing live? I have my rig on switch 1 and for now nothing on 2-5 however, when I step on the effect switches which are directly above the main 5 switches, I sometimes hit either button 2 or 3 and it shuts off my rig

At the moment the only advice is to train step dance ^^
    Another posibility could be to copy your Rig to all empty place. But the Status of the effects could be different. (But you are not shut off)

• you can disable certain switches if you want...I have mine set up so that switch 2 and 4 are disabled..don't remember exactly but I think it's done on the kemper, not the remote

• I have mine set up so that switch 2 and 4 are disabled.

Well you are right.
    If you reset the status "Slot enabled" or you never have set it with the soft button 4 at KPA , then the Rig button is inactive.
    No step dance training requested anymore ;)

• Not sure I understand on "how" to do that in the KPA. Can you direct me?

At the KPA screen you see right (above soft button 4) the information "Slot enable". If it's dark then the slot is enabled.
    One line down you see the windows for the 5 possible slots with the name of the rigs you have or you see blanks if unenabled or empty.

If you make a new performance, only slot 1 is enabled and the rig "crunch " is load by default.
    As long you do not load an another rig in one of the other slots, only slot 1 is enabled and its rig button is activated.
    If you load another rig to another slot you activate also the assigned rig button .
    You can not delete a rig in a Performance , but you can disable it with the softbutton "slot enable". This activates also the rig button at the remote.

Note: At an unenabled but not empty slot the rigs are still there, but you do not see it as long you do not enable this slots again.
    As long a Slot is not enabled you can not reach it with the button of the remote. To reach an empty or disabled slot you have to use the 2 horizontal rig buttons at the KPA.

Hope it's clear now.