• Well, it's not a real sequencer of course...

As for me, I'd appreciate much more the ability to create bass parts by reading chords than to load\playback an audio track :)

Yes, I find that really cool, bass lines without the effort.

But working that into a performance is impossible, because you have to first feed the info into the machine. And then it starts. So unless you can use lots of gaps in the drums and bass, it is not practical for live use.

• You can have a lot more songs then 200 with the BeatBuddy... I have 68 Song Folders, each Folder containing 10 to 40 Songs ATM...
    There is a limit of Songs within a Folder, I think it was 99 Songs per Folder, but I am not sure right now... :huh:

• I have just perceived that there are two different Trios, just had a look at the Trio befor :/ , saw the "+" one right now and it is way more interestiing then the small one...
    It is alike I am using the BeatBuddy combined with Möbius Looper... 8) (but I have to Loop my own Bass Lines...), but the Trio+ seems to be more like jamming with an additional band... Looks like I have to have a closer look at this beast. And maybe starting to put money aside (again...puh (GAS))

• I have just perceived that there are two different Trios, just had a look at the Trio befor :/ , saw the "+" one right now and it is way more interestiing then the small one...
    It is alike I am using the BeatBuddy combined with Möbius Looper... 8) (but I have to Loop my own Bass Lines...), but the Trio+ seems to be more like jamming with an additional band... Looks like I have to have a closer look at this beast. And maybe starting to put money aside (again...puh (GAS))

Definitely the Trio+ is a much more serious and professional tool.
    I immediately switched to the + from the old one as soon as it was available.

• The other option:
    With the optional FS- 3X footswitch you can manually switch through parts as well within a song.
    you become very flexible this way.

hey Ingolf, correct me if i am wrong but this way you cannot store songs so if can't more than 5 patterns. I don't have the switch and programming songs from the box directly is not a friendly interface. Just curious as i think you can only store songs (which then loads up the patterns as well). Never tried to store patterns independently though, if that works i'd pull the trigger for the switch.
    cheers

aside of that, my 2 cents is that the trio+ is immediate fun with great quality drums & bass. programming is not user friendly and that's maybe where another piece of gear could work better.

• @pamplemousse:
    You're right about the storing limitations outlined above.
    I disagree about the user friendliness and programming though.
    Actually the Trio+ doesn't have to be programmed at all. It makes suggestions regarding the backing according to how you have set the parameters, and in you like it you keep it.
    Programming a song structure from 'keepers', i.e. parts that you like, is easy als pie. ;)

• My issues come from the fact that sometimes I just record 8 bar tracks and it's boring when I need to repeat it 12/16 times before changing in the song structure. That's why I'd have loved a more precise editing mode rather than pressing multiple times a switch on the ground while holding the guitar in the other hand. Maybe I'm just doing it the wrong way
    cheers indeed

• There is no comparison in terms of sound quality between the Trio+ and Beatbuddy.
    I own both.
    I can make recordings that I can sell and be proud of using with the Beatbuddy.
    The sounds are as good as if I recorded a real drummer in the studio.
    The Trio+ I could never use except in a practice format.
    It sounds like a "not real pro" drum machine.
    I am talking about recording them and not playing through a guitar amp.

• Thanks for the opinion @billruppert - interesting.
    Just saw this demo now. I like it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have had the BB since it came out. Love it.
    I also did the headphone jack mod for more pedal options.
    I have mine mounted up high so I can adjust without bending over. The mod allows you to connect an extra pedal that will act as the BBs pedal along with the other pedal option plugin it has.

Basically you open it up and connect the wires from the pedal to the headphone jack and run a cable from it to a pedal.

• Interesting, thanks :)

So this way you can have up to 4 external FSs at your disposal, or just three? IOW, are the FSs controlled by a "stereo" signal each?

You still have 3. It just allows you to replace the main pedal with another.
    All of the pedals are configurable in the menu. You tell it what type of pedals you have
    and you choose what you want them to control.

Tapping more than once is configurable too.