Is firmware 4.03 relatively stable now?

• I’ve been waiting to update my firmware to 4.0 (or I guess it is 4.03 now). I need to make sure most of the bugs have been worked out because I’d be using this for live gigs and can’t afford the risk of it crashing or going all cray-cray (as the kids say today).

I was just wondering if the 4.03 version is relatively stable in terms of crashing now and if you all think it’d be safe to upgrade. I’m dying to implement the morphing feature. Do you guys think it’s safe to use for the most part now, or should I wait until it’s officially no longer in Beta mode?

• To be honest: I'd wait! I haven't hat gigs the last few month so I went all the way from 4.0 to 4.0.3 and yes it is relatively stable. But sometimes it crashes for no reason when saving things or the remote reboots in the middle of looping and switching rigs or saving stuff while looping and things like that. The next day everything is fine and so on. It not really predictable.

I never experienced this during rehearsals but at home while tweaking sometimes unexpected things happen.

It's up to you. You asked for "relatively stable" and yes it is but not completely stable.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• I have had three crashes since going to 4.*

These have happened whilst editing sounds and settings. In use in my band and home practice, it has been completely stable. No issues whatsoever.

• Yeah, you'd expect the act of editing to be far more likely to bring about a freeze or glitch.

However...

Thanks. I guess I'll wait a little longer because those issues you mentioned are exactly the type of things I'm worried about happening at a gig.

Sensible man.

• There's quite a hefty bug in 4.0.3 that can potentially cause you to mess up your performances. For some reason, in Performance mode, the first performance that loads up when switching modes isn't loaded correctly. Sometimes it can have the wrong name, and almost always the fourth slot is just a copy of the first, regardless of what settings were saved there. Switching performances forth and back will rectify the issue, but the first time it happened to me out live, I ended up editing the slot and resaving, overwriting the original performance. Aside from that, the other bugs are fairly minor and well-documented in the other 4.x threads.

• This happened to me as well, but I'm not sure if I'm using 4.0.3 (need to verify). I almost did what you did (re-editing and saving), but thankfully I decided to give switching Performances a try first and, as you said, that rectified the issue. It was also at a gig, so I was freaking out for a second. Everything worked as expected after that little incident though, so it was all good.

• Have experienced exactly the same issues as @sambrox describes above. I thought it was something I was doing wrong!
    I've installed 4.0.3 and have been happily using it for gigs since the day it came out, with no other issues. Morphing has become so useful to me that I don't want to go back now.

• I've had no crashes, but there is digital noise/pop when switching performances (minor) and I have noticed the bug Sambrox mentioned.

That's true. I experienced the same thing. In band context you probably won't here that. But it is annoying.

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• There's quite a hefty bug in 4.0.3 that can potentially cause you to mess up your performances.

That happens with 3.x too. It's a long time since I made it a habit to switch back and forth between performances before I start playing in perf-mode.

• i know this is not the answer to your question, but 4.0.1 works fine for me. did not experience any crashes since the day it came out during rehearsals or gigs... just wanted to let you know that there is some kind of a stable 4.x