Kemper Wah Settings

• I used to love the Vox (Satriani) Big Bad Wah!! Very different sound character than most... then it died on me before I could enter it into the Kemper realm to get the parameters. Does anyone have one??

Gary ô¿ô

• This is just fantastic. 1,000 thank yous for the efforts of everyone involved.

I'm new to the Kemper and it's about 10 levels above anything I've owned before (mostly multi-effects units). I'd only been playing presets and rigs I've downloaded from the site for a few months (no editing, no expression pedals). I'd just been getting used to the unit, how great it sounds, how to navigate it and finding favorite rigs.

Now, thanks to you, I've added wah (in general) and these wahs (in particular) to the mix and daaaaaaamn!!!!!!

• Thank you Monkey_Man! :thumbup:

Thank you, Piet, and on behalf of all the contributors, thank you!

Just wanted to extend a massive thanks to MM and all that have contributed to this.

Regards,

Si

We all thank you, Si!

Amazing man ! You`re the best ! Cheers !

Thank you, ManoGiba, on behalf of everyone who posted their settings.

Thanks @Monkey_Man ! Is there a Morley Maverick setting in here? I might try the Plutoneium as I have always wanted to try that wah.

Hey, no worries JT; thank you. No, the Maverick hasn't been modelled thus far.

This is just fantastic. 1,000 thank yous for the efforts of everyone involved.

I'm new to the Kemper and it's about 10 levels above anything I've owned before (mostly multi-effects units). I'd only been playing presets and rigs I've downloaded from the site for a few months (no editing, no expression pedals). I'd just been getting used to the unit, how great it sounds, how to navigate it and finding favorite rigs.

Now, thanks to you, I've added wah (in general) and these wahs (in particular) to the mix and daaaaaaamn!!!!!!

Ha! On behalf of everyone, I'm sure it was our pleasure, mate.

I wish I could've been there to see the look on your face. I know what mine would've looked like had I stumbled across these. 8o

Hey Kristian, thank you for your kind words, mate.

The only pedals that didn’t have manufacturer names specified were some of the Dunlop ones and the group I’ll outline below. That’s because, in the case of the Dunlops, the preset names couldn’t include the manufacturer in order to fit my template’s rule that they must be easily-legible in the Kemper’s pop-up list (self-imposed character limit).

The following presets didn't require makes and models be specified:

Talk Box - Paul’s take on one. He didn’t “model” one with the white-noise procedure used elsewhere here. No specific product is mentioned; it’s a generic take AFAIK.

Bob Weir - I mentioned in the editor’s note some details about his custom phase / wah pedal. His sound was “copied” ‘cause it was a custom pedal that none of us owns.

Djemass (GeraldM) - These are Gerald’s settings simply tweaked to his taste.

Frank Eltze - These are settings Frank likes.

Robin Trower-like Songs - Gary said that it wasn’t based on any real wah that he knew of - stated in the footnote.

Touch 01 & 02 - Tweaks made by Maurizio to sound good; no specific model.

Now, as for your point, I agree that it’d save a little Googling time if all presets’ notes, where not specified in their titles or first lines, contained this information. To this end, I’ve:

Done some research in order to properly specify all the Dunlop pedals, which I’ll ad as editor’s notes now.

Added these wah-list tweaks to the text copy in the zip download.

Edited post #3 to add the new rule that "if a wah model's full name or a clear-enough abbreviation of it can't be included in its preset name, an editor's note in the list will provide the full manufacturer and model name".

Thank you so much again for your kind words and suggestion Kristian!

• I wrote a thank-you post in response to Sam's welcome message last night, but cancelled it at the last-possible second in favour of keeping this thread clean; the brief is clear, and we should stick to it strictly. This will be appreciated by folks who're sifting through it and also by the mods.

So, thank you so much, guys; your class, empathy and generosity are not lost on me! However, please let's refrain from "contaminating" the thread.

I'm not being a party pooper - I've discussed this with Don a while back, and we'd like this to serve as a ridgey-didge repository.

Love you guys. You all rock! <3

• @DonPetersen Is the guru on wahs with respect to Kemper, @'DownedAviator.' He has mentioned precisely what is required parameter-wise on this forum before, but I can't recall the details I'm afraid. I think it's awesome you have that working wah and ask you to consult with Don about he would need to reproduce this. That would be great to have!

Thank you for your response and for being so helpful!

Gary ô¿ô

• I too am not 100% sure of the procedure, Gaz, and hadn't responded 'cause all I could think of doing was suggesting DownedAviator PM Don or point him to Don's thread as referenced in post #3:

Need Help Setting Up Your Wah in the Profiler? Do You Own a Rare Wah? Let Me Know.

DownedAviator, you could post that you've got a wah to "Profile" in that thread and probably be invited by Don to PM him. Otherwise, I'm sure he wouldn't be "offended" if you simply contacted him directly first. To do this, hover your mouse pointer over his user name (in the left column above his avatar) and click the bottom-right icon (Create Conversation). You'll find his avatar / posts scattered around this thread and the other, but here it is in the first post of that thread:

1st Post - Avatar and User Name on Left

Thank you so much for offering to help build the collection, mate!

• I have looked at this thread for the last year and finally loaded them onto my Kemper. Out of the box with no tweaking, I loaded the Kirk Hammett wah and recorded some solos and it sounds incredible! Thanks so much!!!

• Obligatory thanks to @Monkey_Man. Just loaded the presets and it all works flawlessly. After trying to get wah parameters in balance from scratch myself for couple of hours last night I have to say that this is an absolutely essential wah preset pack and should be included in the default firmware pack. Thank you!

• Thanks for putting this together Monkey Man.
    I have several Crybaby Ways laying around. It seems like I can just put a 25k pot in one and mod it to work as an expression pedal. Anyone done this?

Will that work better for these Wah presets than something like a Boss Ev-30?

These profiles go to 11!

• Thanks for putting this together Monkey Man.
    I have several Crybaby Ways laying around. It seems like I can just put a 25k pot in one and mod it to work as an expression pedal. Anyone done this?

Will that work better for these Wah presets than something like a Boss Ev-30?

A Crybaby (or similar) pedal chassis has a shorter travel distance from heel to toe than some other expression pedals. If you want that shorter throw, you may be happier with that style of pedal. I like the longer throw that a Dunlop DVP3 provides - I have it programmed for a Crybaby in the middle range of the pedal, and extended highs and lows at the extremes.

A Linear taper 25k pot can be used to convert a Wah to an expression pedal. Wiring diagrams are available online.

If you also want to use a toe switch with the KPA, you will need an SPST Momentary switch.

• got the wahs loaded and they work fine with the EV30. I still might mod an older Crybaby but I'll more than likely just use the 535Q I have laying around in front of the Kemper or in the loop. I'm building up a new pedalboard with lots of dist choices to use live with amps and with the Kemper in the studio or live. Very similar to the way Tim Pierce is using his Kemper with analog pedals. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Checking out all the wahs was cool though so thanks for the effort to put it together!

These profiles go to 11!