Kemper Wah Settings

• Thank you, Keller! 8)

The question is as it always has been regarding new additions to the collection:

Is it different-enough from the existing CAE Presets to warrant inclusion? Perhaps someone could post the Presets' parameter settings for a comparison to these; I'm not equipped to preview anything ATM I'm afraid:

CAE MC404 1 by Don Petersen

Manual 3.7

Peak 8.6

Pedal Range +30%

Peak Range -49%

Mix 95%

Editor's Note:

Dunlop MC404 CAE Wah. CAE stands for “Custom Audio Electronics”, the legendary guitar rig designer Bob Bradshaw's company.

CAE MC404 2 by Don Petersen, Tweaked by drandall

Manual 3.7

Peak 8.6

Pedal Range +40%

Peak Range -49%

Mix 65%

I finally ran the Kemper CAE Wah preset compared to the real thing and did a side-by-side. Once I turned that down to 65% and the Pedal range to +40%, it sounded identical.

Editor's Note:

Dunlop MC404 CAE Wah. CAE stands for “Custom Audio Electronics”, the legendary guitar rig designer Bob Bradshaw's company.

• Perhaps someone could post the Presets' parameter settings for a comparison to these; I'm not equipped to preview anything ATM I'm afraid:

These are the settings

CAE Red by Kellerblues

Manual 2.3

Peak 6.6

Pedal range +36%

Peak Range -48%

Mix 93%

Ducking +0.4

Volume -0.6

CAE Yellow by Kellerblues

Manual 3.2

Peak 9.6

Pedal range +31%

Peak Range -43%

Mix 73%

Ducking +0.4

Volume -0.1

• All done!

First 3 posts have been edited:

Fixed anomalous lower-case character usage in parameter headings

Added Kellerblues' settings with a grammatically-edited version of his description

Ran out of character space for the parameter list in post #1, so had to spill that over to post #2

Added updated Presets & parameter-text .zip file to post #2

Updated post #3's description of where the parameter list is located

I knew we'd eventually run out of character space one day. Tried reducing spacing between "segments" and whatnot but nothing worked, so had to do it the "messy" way and allow the list to spill over into post #2.

Hopefully it's still clear-enough for everyone, and thank you, Kellerblues. 8):thumbup:

• I've not tried these yet but I will tonight. Does anyone know if you can morph between the red and yellow? That would be just awesome - 2 wahs in 1 on the Kemper.

Yes, you could set up a morph between the two different wahs . You would just need to set up one of them in the unmorphed state, and adjust the parameters to match the other one in the Morphed state.

• Yes, you could set up a morph between the two different wahs . You would just need to set up one of them in the unmorphed state, and adjust the parameters to match the other one in the Morphed state.

That's what I was thinking/hoping. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks Paul, hope all is well.

Gary ô¿ô

• Ok, I've tried morphing yellow to red CAE... I love the yellow, but, no offense intended, for my guitars I'm going to need to tweak those knobs a bit to catch that "red" sound, just doesn't sound much different from the yellow at the moment. I'll play with it. Thanks for all your work Sollazzon!!

Gary ô¿ô

• My pleasure!:)

prsgary : You're right, between Red and Yellow ain't much difference (only on the higher frequencies), but that's exactly how my CAE sounds.

The advantage of the Kemper is that you can tweak the parameters on the front panel insted of opening the CAE from the bottom and messing around with those microscopic trim pots...;)

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• A really great post Monkey Man. I did a couple of long ones for tutorials on reamping, and it takes quite a bit of time to list everything and format the post to make it easier for people to navigate through it. Not to mention you have to go back and proof read a couple of times. And, of course, we would rather be playing guitar.

Have a cluster of bananas and case of brew on me. Cheers!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.