Kemper Wah Settings

• I've just been messing around with the presets. The Bob Weir 2 is absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for, but the pedal is working in reverse (ie open sound is on the heel). Anyone know how I can reverse it round without changing the tone?

• THANK YOU!!!!! The Trower 535Q patch is now my #1 go to for wah. It's 100% perfect for me.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Understood, man -> so thank you Don & the community ! :P

I'll be trying all those settings today

I'll take advantage of my #2nd post to briefly introduce myself : I'm 46, living in Paris France (working in IT as programmer / tech lead on Microsoft technologies) - been enjoying my Kemper Rack for 4/5 years now, it's such a fabulous piece of equipment :love:. I play mostly Jazz / Funk / Blues / Electronic / Ambient stuff but I also been taking part in HipHop projects.

I regularly make productions for a label called Pamplemousse. Every time I use the Kemper in my productions, I'm always amazed about how musical and real this thing sounds.

• I'll have to use old-school quoting 'cause your post won't allow any sort of quoting (complete or partial) due to the messed-up format:

"I still can't see the new Wah-Settings after choosing a Wah Wah Pedal and than rotating the Presets knob."

Did you see the factory-wah Presets? If so, they should be adjacent to them due to the manner in which they've been named, as outlined in the documentation.

"Sorry if this question has been already asked, I couldn't find any answer to it."

No need to be sorry mate; at least you tried to look for an answer first, something some peeps don't do. If you followed the procedure I documented, it should work. The reason you "couldn't find any answer to it" is because it's "foolproof" and AFAIK nobody's ever had an issue with the import.

• Thank you for your gentle replies. Now I found the answer! I was having 999 rigs on my profiler, and after removing some of them the import functioned as described. I know there is a limit of 999 rigs, but was not aware that this consideres also the presets. Maybe this helps someone else other so eager like me to have all presets on the toaster.

• Well done, cantemir! :thumbup:

Yes, the available memory is dynamically shared between the OS, Rigs, Cabs, Presets and so on. This is why, as the FW has grown in size and complexity over the years, the maximum number of Rigs has dropped to where it is now at 999 (this has been the case for a while now), and more-recently with the addition of new effects to the OS, the factory Rigs have been offered separately rather than included in the OS, which is why the option to restore them from the System menu is gone and can only be done for Presets now (IIRC).

The upside of this is that it forces those of us who perhaps got a little carried-away with loading up shedloads of Rigs, Cabs and Presets to re-evaluate and parse what we have sitting in our KPA's. If you keep your unit near or permanently hooked up to your computer, you might want to consider removing all the Rigs except 1 or a small handful and just use Rig Manager for browsing and accessing your pool. You should be able to keep your huge number of Presets onboard this way too as more-than-enough memory space will be freed-up.

• Hey, I have a problem. I've downloaded .zip and when I try to import wah settings it says no import necessary. I have kemper updated to the latest version. And I don't have those settings in my Kemper. Anybody had similar problem ?

• Hey, I have a problem. I've downloaded .zip and when I try to import wah settings it says no import necessary. I have kemper updated to the latest version. And I don't have those settings in my Kemper. Anybody had similar problem ?

Hi, I had the same issue as yours. Because I had 999 rigs loaded on my Kemper it was not possible to load others kipr files. I removed some of the rigs and then everything worked. See also my answer from the 4th of June to this thread.

• Thank you, cantemir . See also my explanation in the post immediately before yours, Jazzyk .

Of course, we don't know for sure that this is the issue, but seeing as the process is "foolproof" and the preset .zip isn't corrupted, and also nobody's had a problem with it, it's highly-likely that it's a free-space issue IMHO.

• Just came across this....Mate, that's a lot of WAH's. I haven't read through all the post yet, but thanks for sharing. :)

• It's a lot of wahs 'cause it's a lot of community! 8)

I haven't read through all the post yet, but thanks for sharing. :)

Post #2 contains all those settings as Presets, so no need to read 'em all if you don't want to. Just download the .zip file and follow the included instructions. ;)

• Hey everyone - great thread.

I am new to Kemper but old to this forum, learned so much from reading the threads - even decided to buy a Yamaha DSR112 based on reviews on this forum for my old POD HD500X (won't even talk about the sound differences).

Anyway, does anyone have settings for a "darker" wah sound?

Looking for something like Petrucci/Wylde vibe for loads of gain.

Thank you vm

Nice profile, but does it go to 11?

• MPescuma as others have already mentioned, the first step is to make sure you have downloaded the Wah presets from the link earlier in this thread. This includes settings for nearly every major wah ever made. If it isn't in the list and you have the original, or know someone who does you can make a sound file of it and send it to Don who will try to recreate the sound and add it to the preset list.