Kemper Wah Settings

• They're Presets, so as Paul said below, use either of these options.

I'm guessing that you haven't expanded the Presets Local Library folder and chosen your destination accordingly, instead going the "old" route of using the "normal" Local Library, which since v3 of RM is exclusively for Rigs.

• I have expanded the "All rigs" and "All presets" folders. when I try to drag and drop one of these presets it gives me the "anti" sign over all destinations except "my profiler" and "Local library". When I try to drag to those it gives me the error message that I quoted in previous message post.

• What you want to drag to is:

All Presets / Local Library

or

All Presets / Local Library / Folder you've created here

I've just tried it and it works 100%.

All I can think of is to make sure you've updated to the latest version of RM (posted this week) and also to try importing them without the Profiler hooked-up and switched-on. I can't think of any other variables that might affect your success here, I'm afraid. :/

• After I clicked on the local library folder first to "activate" that folder, then dragged to the local library it worked. I am so used to be able to drag something to any folder on a PC that I didn't realize you had to first "focus" on a folder by clicking on it and showing its contents before dragging to it.

Thanks for your help!

• Someone will have to run the white-noise file through his / her JP95 at heel, then again at toe position and send the results back to Don. He'll programme the Preset based upon the responses shown by the files.

Instructions and white-noise-file download in the OP here:

Need Help Setting Up Your Wah in the Profiler? Do You Own a Rare Wah? Let Me Know.

Don says in that first post that he's still looking for Dunlop Signature pedals, so I'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you. 8)

• I have a JP95 and I can try to do it.. but I don't really understand the instructions (I'm no expert, especially in recording).

How do I run the file through the wah (I only know to run a guitar through the wah :))?

Should the wah be connected to the kemper and record from the Kemper (24bit, 44.1kHz mono) XLR to audio card? or does it mean through any amp/cab? or any of the options?

Sorry if it's noob/dumb questions, but I have this wah and I'll be glad to contribute back to the community if possible.

• Do Don still do this? I sent him files for the Hammett KH95 a few years back, and I didn’t hear back at all. ?

I briefly had an JP95, but the extra range that the tread (is that the word?!) had kind of threw me off. I couldn’t find the sweet spot as easy as with the Cantrell (or Hammett, for that matter... wakkawakka... ?)

• Do Don still do this? I sent him files for the Hammett KH95 a few years back, and I didn’t hear back at all. ?

I briefly had an JP95, but the extra range that the tread (is that the word?!) had kind of threw me off. I couldn’t find the sweet spot as easy as with the Cantrell (or Hammett, for that matter... wakkawakka... ?)

The range can be narrowed I think with the Q ADJ under the hood.

But yea, it's a different beast than most wakkawakka Whas.. Like a combination of wah and expression pedal and that's why they made the range so wide.

I just love the growling lows (low end harmonics).

I haven't heard any mention that he's stopped, mate.

Did you try asking him? If you've still got the email conversation, ask him if he's still got the files. He may have lost them or simply been snowed-under by a flood of work and it slipped his mind. :/

I have a JP95 and I can try to do it.. but I don't really understand the instructions (I'm no expert, especially in recording).

How do I run the file through the wah (I only know to run a guitar through the wah :))?

Should the wah be connected to the kemper and record from the Kemper (24bit, 44.1kHz mono) XLR to audio card? or does it mean through any amp/cab? or any of the options?

You simply pass the audio through the wah. IOW, sound card out -> wah in -> wah out -> sound card in, recording the results at both the heel and toe positions.

• The range can be narrowed I think with the Q ADJ under the hood.

But yea, it's a different beast than most wakkawakka Whas.. Like a combination of wah and expression pedal and that's why they made the range so wide.

I just love the growling lows (low end harmonics).

yeah, the adjustments... ? Oh, man. I spent WAY to much time on that. I kind of miss the wah, though. But I always comes back to the Cantrell wah...

I haven't heard any mention that he's stopped, mate.

Did you try asking him? If you've still got the email conversation, ask him if he's still got the files. He may have lost them or simply been snowed-under by a flood of work and it slipped his mind. :/

You simply pass the audio through the wah. IOW, sound card out -> wah in -> wah out -> sound card in, recording the results at both the heel and toe positions.

I asked him once, I think. On this forum, too. Didn’t want to bug him too much. Figured he’s a busy man with a schedule. ? I can give it one more shot though.

• Ok, I've just sent Don a message.

I think I've recorded it correctly. The toe position had this high frequency sound which I'm not sure if it's suppose to be there (so I've made a few versions with different output volumes, but couldn't get rid of it completely).