Favourite profiles

• I can't believe the massive difference in opinions. How is it possible that one person can hear the same profile as too bright and another hear it as too dark? It's pretty crazy how differently we all hear things :) Maybe other gear comes into play such as speakers, mixers, guitars etc. Still I always find what works for me also works no matter what speakers I'm using. If anyone would like to try my profiles I'm giving away a free 80's Marshall JCM800 with Keeley SD1 profile on my website http://www.bigsunstudios.co.uk :)

Indeed! One of the things that has impressed me most about the Kemper is how radically different my different guitars sound through the same profile.

I'll grab your 800 profile tonight, thank you!

• I think pa speaker quality is always going to make a difference but I think if you can get your sounds just right at the source then they should translate well no matter how good or awful the pa is.

That is indeed very important and the greatest art of finding a tone (and mixing songs as well). What helps: record the tone and listen through as many speakers you can grab, including car audio, headphones and kitchen radio :)

Your profiles ar candiates for excellent traslation over a wide range of speakers. Very well chosen.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• That is indeed very important and the greatest art of finding a tone (and mixing songs as well). What helps: record the tone and listen through as many speakers you can grab, including car audio, headphones and kitchen radio :)

Your profiles ar candiates for excellent traslation over a wide range of speakers. Very well chosen.

Cheers mate :) I absolutely agree, it's good to have a few different sets of speakers when mixing. Both expensive and cheap speakers. I always do a final listen on the car stereo to make sure my mix is ready.

• Nightlight's thread in another forum here suggests that many Kemper power users, of which I am not yet one, have a small handful of profiles that they use on a regular basis. This is increasingly making sense to me. I've not yet used my KPA live and am doing my first recording session with it next week, so this list will certainly change, but here's my first pass at a handful:

rmpacheco 2011 Morgan AC20
    M Britt Magnet TwiLight 5
    M Britt Match Chief 1 3
    M Britt Voice A30CC 1
    Hays Wylde Bassmn E & I
    Dr. Z Z-Lux 3

Would love to see others' lists!

• BigSunStudios. Maragold for clean. JCM 800 for crunch. JCM 800 with Keeley SD1 for lead. Also using a TSL100 profile for a 2nd lead patch. That's what I'm using live at the minute. I bought all of the big commercial profiles and none of them satisfied me live. When I cranked it loud through the pa everything was always too bright and harsh for my taste. Just not enough meat, so I decided to make my own professional profiles. I consider my profiles the remedy for this. Been using them live for the past few months and it's been bliss. They sound amazing through the pa. Everyone else using them feels the same.

Have a listen to this cover of Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud. It's piano and vocals mostly. The guitar solo starts at around 4.31. I used one of my Marshall Bluesbreaker profiles. Really enjoying the Bluesbreaker for the lighter stuff.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

miraclesleeper, your profile sounds great in this video. Do you have it for sale?

• Ace Mars Super Lead. I like this one a lot. I have multiple profiles of high and low gain settings and use the Metal DS on this one in all different settings.

Jia JTM45. Another one I like. I have 15 profiles of this one from clean, breakup, crunch, to high gain. This one is probably second to the most versatile one I use. Metal Ds, Kemper Drives, Kemper Fuzz, Boosters, and effects galore go well with it.

GB Mebo Sing 808. (A free one from Guido Bungenstock). I have over 20 profiles on this one making it the most versatile for me. Clean to high gain and all in between. This was the first mid-high gain profile that really showed me the potential with Kemper modeling. It also turned me on to Mesa which I have never tried before. It's the one I learned that I can lower or raise the gain of the original profile to tweak how I like it to sound.

Clean profiles are not worth mentioning because I honestly can't find one that sounds bad. They all sound good to me and I can easily dial them in to some serious sweet tones. So, I just keep a handful of the most famous clean amps to make my decisions easier.

I use only free profiles thus far.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.