anyone compared a yamaha DSR112 with a DXR10?

• No DXR experience here but I have a DSR and it is a great speaker with limitations. That being it doesn't have the mixer or the presets for different placement so you have to have it off the floor and away from corners for it to perform the best. This speaker is loud and sounds amazing, I use it about 3ft away from the corner and 1.5ft off the floor on its side and it sounds glorious. Being honest there does seem to be a tiny bit of compression to the sound but I would bet most wouldn't notice it. I only hear it when ABing to my studio monitors. The highs are ever so slightly soft but very clear. This thing will blow your head off, be warned.

• I have a DSR and it is a great speaker with limitations. That being it doesn't have the mixer or the presets for different placement so you have to have it off the floor

DSR112 (21,2 kg) would be definitly to heavy for me to use it as monitor for the Kemper. DXR10 has 14,6 Kg. DBR10 has 10,5 kg.
    I am checking DXR10 vs DBR 10 to use as mointor for now . (Just information in the internet)
    For me the 4 kg less weight and € 180,- cheaper are strong arguments for DBR10.
    More power, a led at front side and 3 inputs instead of 2 are for me not strong enough arguments to decide for DXR10 .
    Is there anymore to vote for DXR10 ?

• I've got stacks of DSRs in my PA rig (2xDSR112/2xDSR115/4xDSR118W) and have previously owned a pair of DXR10s for use with my KPA so I have tested and compared these extensively. The DSR112 is vastly superior to the DXR10, but only under the right conditions. The DSR112 has to be placed on a stand or upright stacked on top of something. The DSR112 is IMHO a terrible wedge (boomy) despite being designed to double as such. I would choose the DXR10 over the DSR112 as monitor for the profiler because the DXR10 is more flexible wrt placement and because it is so much lighter to carry. For anyone who consider paying the premium for a DSR over a DXR I would instead recommend a Dynacord AXM 12A. The AXM is designed a a wedge (12", coax, neo, 15kg), but will also work well in a stack or on a stick. I think it is very close to the widely recommended Atomic CLR, but haven't yet had an opportunity to A/B test my AXMs against the CLR.

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• Thanks for advice.
    Looks like , If then better DX10 as compromise of power, sound and weight.

I've been giggling with a CLR since 2013.
    Just recently bought a DXR10 and it's now my grab and go rig, light, loud, small and sounds great.
    Only disadvantage I've found with it is that it's a bit challenging to sit the KPA on top of it

• I've been giggling with a CLR since 2013.
    Just recently bought a DXR10 and it's now my grab and go rig, light, loud, small and sounds great.
    Only disadvantage I've found with it is that it's a bit challenging to sit the KPA on top of it

So you are just using one (mono), right? How well do stereo FX translate then? Any problems here, like phase cancellation or stuff?

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Tested both in A/B comparison and only can agree to what has been posted here. The DSR sounds amazin when on stands, as a wedge I can't recommend it. Also I seem to prefer the DXR's sound signature for guitar sound, sounds more familiar :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• So you are just using one (mono), right? How well do stereo FX translate then? Any problems here, like phase cancellation or stuff?

For a directly attached monitor this is taken care of by setting the KPAs monitor output to "master mono".

Monitoring via a mixer using a stereo signal is a diferent story. Mixers that blend stereo-signals before sending to a mono destination such as a stage monitor may cause lots of phase-issues. There are some digital mixers that offer no option to choose which signal from a linked pair of channels to send to a mono-bus, and will send a blend of L/R no matter what. There have been events where I had to switch the KPAs outputs to master-mono to get acceptable sound from the monitors.

Edited 3 times, last by heldal ().