Kemper Power Rack 600W, Cab Help

• Hey guys

Currently I'm running my Kemper Power Rack 600w into a 150w cab, questions are

What can I do to not blow the speakers of the cab?

• Probably the best thing is to unlink the monitor out (which controls the powered output) from the master pot, so you won't have volume bumps when you just want to raise the signal you send to the FOH.
    Then consider that 600w should be at 8 ohm.
    And finally be very carefull to not crank the monitor output.
    How many ohms is your cab?

• Hey guys

Currently I'm running my Kemper Power Rack 600w into a 150w cab, questions are

What can I do to not blow the speakers of the cab?

Not turn it up too loud?

Seriously, I run my power rack into a 4 x 12 at 16 ohms...I run it no louder than my 100 watt Engl...I think you'll blow your ears before your speakers...

• Probably the best thing is to unlink the monitor out (which controls the powered output) from the master pot, so you won't have volume bumps when you just want to raise the signal you send to the FOH.
    Then consider that 600w should be at 8 ohm.
    And finally be very carefull to not crank the monitor output.
    How many ohms is your cab?

Not to go too much off topic, but I find it much more useful to unlink everything except the monitor out. The sound man gets a consistent signal to work with at the same time you tweak the stage volume with the master volume :)

On topic: If you have more than one speaker in your cab, and their power rating is 60-70w or more you have to turn up to truly hazardous levels of volume before they are in danger of blowing. Also some speakers, like the Vintage 30's real power rating is also closer to 70w which is why Marshall's Vintage speakers are rated at 70w even though they are pretty much the same speakers. Speakers are rated for tube watts, and the Kemper with power boost on full is probably on par with a 100w tube amp or possibly a bit more, at 8 or 4 ohm. It does blow my Fargen Mighty Plex 30w tube amp completely out of the water, so we are talking huge amounts of power still.